12 mtx 9500

Bronze Member
Username: Avirex64

Vallejo, CA United States

Post Number: 52
I have 1 12 mtx 9500 and im wondering what is the perfect amp for that sub?

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 341
Budget

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
300 to 700$

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
What's the ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 897
whats there rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
1000 watt rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Dual 4 Ohm

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 959
thats a very large price difference lol.. we could name off tons of amps.. if your looking for a cheaper route how about the eD NINE.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
The RMS is from 500-1000

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
eD NINE.1 what is that?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 430
kicker1250.1 or kicker2500.1 would be a better bet u could run the amp at half power and it wont even run a sweat or heat up the 1250.1 would be ideal to but the gain would almost have to be set to max and it best to have gain at half
yout best bet is the orion2500d and 2 12" mtx9500 dual 4's now that would pound! is that 12 heavy I ordered 2 10's and it says their shipping wieght is 56 llbs each

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
Kicker 750.1 $268.35
kicker1000.1 $368.35
Both amps are underrated in power

Techronics.com

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1887
"the 1250.1 would be ideal to but the gain would almost have to be set to max and it best to have gain at half"

thats a pretty dumb thing to say. you even know what the gain is for? you're supposed to match it with the hu preout voltage, no wonder you blow every sub you buy. please stop posting anything that has to do with setting of gains.

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
u dude stfu iam not talking technical terms dubb*as*s thinking your someone

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1888
hahaha thats pretty funny. technical or not that don't make no sense, saying it would have to be almost at max and it's best to have it at half. wtf does that mean, please explain.

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
ctmike u like to help people yet u put them down f*uck u u dumb*as*s!!go suck a mothers c*unt u fat black bi*tch n*igger

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 903
andys retarded haha, he blew DD 3500's or 2500's on a kicker 2500 with a box tuned to 70 hz, disregard anything he posts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
what the fu*ck.... why are you guys gettin hyphy on the computer.... all i want to no is which amp fits my sub....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
what the f###.... why are you guys gettin hyphy on the computer.... all i want to no is which amp fits my sub....

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1889
andy, you retard. all you do when you post is never help anyone. all you do is post bullshit. if you don't know how to set your own gains, then why the hell would you try to help someone else set theirs? so they can blow their subs like you do yours? so how many subs have you gone thru? and who'd i put down, you? all i said is what you posted was dumb and that it was bullshit, which it was. learn what the gain is for before you post anything that has to do with it dumba_ss. and when the hell i ever say i was black?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1890
j, if you can afford it get a kicker 1000.1, that amp will be great. or any amp that'll give you 1000wrms at 2ohms.

and stick around, you'll see why andy f shouldn't be listened to.

listening to andy f=blown subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Either one of those kicker amps will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1433
j, get the kicker zx1000. Its rated at 1000rms @ 2 ohms, and its benched at around 1200rms. The one i had was 1196rms. $370 shipped New.

or the jbl gto 1201.1. Also a nice amp. does 1200rms or so @ 2 ohms. $320 shipped New. ebay.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1434
Andy f, what the HELL were you tlaking about up there?? The gain on your amp is to much to the Head unit. the max setting is normally around .2volts, and the min is normally around
8-10 volts. A hu has a preout voltage to it, and you match it on the gain.

lol you were in the middle of talking about gain then you are talking about his best bet is to get a 2500rms amp and 2 subs. LOL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
J

ED NINe.1 is a Elemental Designs amp

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend

Post Number: 6398
NOW I KNOW HOW ANDYF BLEW HIS DD'S......

quote:

kicker2500.1 would be a better bet u could run the amp at half power and it wont even run a sweat or heat up the 1250.1 would be ideal to but the gain would almost have to be set to max and it best to have gain at half

The gain isn't a f*cking power or volume knob YOU DUMBAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 941
we have ourselves a winner congrats andy F

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
jeez everyone on here is ga*y goto he*ll all of u dumbas*se*s this whole site is ga*y u say the wrong thing and people go balistic jeez mother of god iam done on this site chad the only good person at least he dosnt get mad at people people on here are dumb thinking they know everything!!i blew my dd cause they couldnt take the power dumbas*ses not because i clipped them to death which u guys are tryin to say idiots...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1265
get an ED NINe.1 :-)

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6462

quote:

mother of god iam done on this site

Checkmate!!

quote:

i blew my dd cause they couldnt take the power dumbas*ses not because i clipped them to death

you ran a KX2500.1 on a STOCK ALTERNATOR AND A YELLOW TOP, how the hell could you NOT have clipped them to death!? lolololol

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 457
Are you looking to buy a BRAND NEW amp or would a used amp be fine? The JBL BP 1200.1 is a sweet amp it doesnt get the slightest bit of heat generated when pushing about 1100 rms at 2ohms :-) im in love with this amp ever since i got it. You can probally find one on ebay for less then 250$ shipped... i see then every other day.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1002
Andy your right, they cant take the power, the onw they hooked up to a Z2 and put 4500 watts on was just a lucky on on the group ROFL haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
iam not clipping dumbass*es iam geting 14.4 volts steady when vehicle on and u dont need a bigger alternator its not needed my installer even said so hes ben worken with this stuff for 20years or so and he had alot of trophies on his wall i mean alot at least 50 or more 1st prizes tropies from big events like visions, a and B sound,db drag he was first in so he knows what he is talking about he said my yellowtop and stock alternator is more then enough and i believe him when iam geting 14.4 volts steady

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
i know u guys hate mTX i just ordered the 9500's and the shipping weight is 56 llbs per sub for a 10" if u ask me thats a pretty big sub!with my kicker they are gona do some heavy damage!

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6478
a kx 2500.1 requires ~210 amperes of current to make its power...you are telling me you had that coming out of a Yellow-top???? with a stock alt. charging it?

hmmmmm i thought the rule was one batt for every 1 thousand watts...not every 2500 watts....w/e dude...go away like you said you were going to.:-)

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6479
it needs 210 amperes of current at 14.4V...at less it is a LOT more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
well iam maintaining 14.4 volts i tested it so and those optimas are 800 amperes more then big enough

Username: Furburger

Post Number: 6
lol, 800 cold cranking amps....you dumb faker.....lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
see what i mean of calling people du*mb. du*mb a*ss

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
jessie u are dumb this is a help forum not a forum to make fun of people retard!!!

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 459
Ok guy, you are lying threw your text (i didnt teeth :-) ) lol there is no way to main tain that on the charging system you have have fun powerering them subs with that... i have a yellowtop and redtop... i cant even maintain 14.4 with stock or 200A HO alt. pushing 1500rms.. you cant bs the truth of facts :p

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 955
[quote]well iam maintaining 14.4 volts i tested it so and those optimas are 800 amperes more then big enough[/quote]

hahahaha

Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 7
now i am more confused than i started, so how do i know what to turn my gain up to? and what if all you have is a factory battery and alternator? how do you know what your hu puts out to match it? yall are makin me just dumb enough to blow everything i buy......

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1172
well the manual or whateva for ur hu should tell u the preout voltage so then u hook up a DMM and turn teh gain up until u reach that voltage...or if u dont have that i was told to unhook all ur speaker so its just ur sub..turn teh gain all hte way down and then turn it up till it starts to distort..once it starts to distort turn it back down so it doesnt distort any more.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

NE, Ohio United states

Post Number: 668
disregarding all the off topic bashing...

J. i too would recommend the kicker zx1000.1. i'm currently running one on an RE SX 12" and it's a beautifully sounding match-up. great amp, only gets alil warm when pushed hard, no loud fan, underrated, and solidly built.

will soon be pushing a Fi Q 15" with it (and cant f'ing wait to hear that combination), and scott stated that all Fi demo vehicles will be using kicker amps, as he stands by them as well.

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 961
richard look on subwoofertools.com on how to set your gains with a DMM becasue the way james described is wrong.

if you dont have a DMM buy one there like 20$ at homedepot.

or you could just wing it and set it to about where the imput voltage matches your headunits preout voltage. its probly 2v unless you got a premir or eclipse

Post Number: 10
thanks mat dope that is a useful website

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thanks mat dope that is a useful website

Silver Member

Post Number: 444
hey killa i am maintaining 14.4 volts my voltmeter on my cap says so i have my car on and it reads 14.4 volts and dont try to tell me its inaccurate... its a brand new 20farad cap and dont try telling me u only have 1 optima a 20farad is good for 20000watts lol u shouldnt have that I know I know everything works great!just waiting for my 9500 mtx weighing 55 lbs a piece for a 10"

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2641
andy F this is not a type X thread so STFU, you're very dumb, if i were you i wouldn't be posting.... just reading and learning

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1018
andy F you seem pretty excited about its weight, if i send you a 50 lb rock will you not post here anymore, also can you tell me exactly what a cap does cuz i dont think you know

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 266
andy your actually just stupid as hell considering he asked what would be ideal for his 1 12 inch 9500 the 1250.1 would be too powerful for it dipshit

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 460
Andy.... hahaha your a joke.. first off a 20farad cap is a waste of money and power, its putting a bigger strain on your chargging system... recommended is mayb a 1-2 farad cap.. not 20 or 25 or any of them bs ones.. do you even know what a farad is? besides that.. there is no way you could get 20000watts out of that either.. i would say about 1000rms and still n9ot keeping 14.4 voltage.. take a DMM and throw away that cap.. its usless if you have a good amp0 it has just as manby capacitors as it would need :p you cant bullsh!t people from the facts.. right guys? lol

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 461
As for the headuunit and setting gain.. look up the model number or look at the manual for its preout and how to determine how to set your HU...
but there is another section to discuss tweaking its settings like the eq. bassboost and such..

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6515
he just doesn't get it.....

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1442
Lol andy, your saying that your sub is 50lbs. haha. Mtx is so fake, they put whatever they can on a sub to make it heavier. You can look at some treo subs, and see that they have bigger magnets and/motors than the 9500s, but theyre total weight is like 30 - 35 lbs, compared to mtxs 50lb subs. Half the weight of an mtx is the basket.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 583
ahhh treo is overrated too ... lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
what about Hifonics BXi 1606D
Brutus Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier
would that be good amp to run with the one 12 9500

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1906
you could but you'd be underpowering it a little. probably see about 800wrms+ from the amp at 2ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 188
I dont care if you have 18v constant Andy, you can still clip your amp.

Your a ignorant child, kindly STFU.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6607
i ALMOST cryed a tear laughing.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
ya fu*ck u all u pieces of shi*t i just got my sub in today there freqin huge ill even show u to proove it dumb retards all u guys like is the private no name brands like soundslpinter,FI-Q,BTL,Ascanet audio all are no name brands u bunch of dumb motherfuc*kers!!!! i tried lifting my sub and couldnt lift it its so heavy it dosnt fit in a normal box thats forsure so f*uck u all except chad lee hes the only one that dosnt talk sh*it about people hed prob like the 9500's iam gona laugh and make fun of u people when there hooked up you can try to say s*hit all u want just because u wana suport nate tryin to tell me i need a bigger alternator f*uck that shi*t u guys just dont know anything idiots!!!!!Those DD blow because they couldnt handle the power simple as that dumbass*es the 2500's go loud but suck for powerhandling

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1917
"i tried lifting my sub and couldnt lift it its so heavy"

what a puss_y

"Those DD blow because they couldnt handle the power simple as that dumbass*es the 2500's go loud but suck for powerhandling"

damn you have to be the dumbest person in the world! i thought you were leaving this forum? i kinda hope you don't cause whenever i see you post somewhere i go right to it cause i know i'll have a good laugh.

i think everyone here should just chip in and we could start a poll to see when andy blows these subs.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1092
yes andy you are the dumbest person in the world, literally, i dont think i no anyone as stupid, your like a person with down syndrome that got ahold of a keyboard, you said they weighed 55 lbs and you couldnt lift them OMG you better hit the weight room you puss as for the DD's not handling the power, any competent person could hook up 2 2500s and run them with 2500 watts, this obviously means your incompetent and you should get out of car audio before you destroy any more subs

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 516
All i have to say is Andy, please do not post your advice until you get a system running correctly... GAIN is not a power level, turn the bass boost down if anything.. you use the gain like a power level knob and you get a hot amp\subs or distortion.. or maybe a burned out amp\subs :p and lots of clipping.. Just dont post your advice that is going to make sombody Fux there system up... subwoofer wieght isnt nothing.. its all about the build and install and there is no way your getting a constant 14.4 at 220amps from 1 yellow top... i have a yellow top and redtop and cant even keep that on my stock alt. I pull about 110 amps and only hold a 13.8V with it running.

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
well i am i can show u to proove it if u were here!!! iam gona take a pic of it running at 14.4 volts

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 518
o ya.. and your not reading this from a sh!tty capacitor are you? i can do that too i can hold 18V on my cap!!!!! hahaha but when the multi meter is on it/..... it looks more like a lower to me.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1095

quote:

well i am i can show u to proove it if u were here

is that in reference too you being retarded HAHA ROFL

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1096
or being a puss

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1135
andy F: the exception to ohms law.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 244
"i tried lifting my sub and couldnt lift it its so heavy"

stop blowing your money on car audio and invest in a bowflex or something...

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1098
^^^^^ hahaha so true

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 522
haha this guy said buy a bowflex..... hahahahahahahahahahahaha these threads with andy always keeping me laughing, so i had to make a new one... its jsut gunna b a big joke.. haha

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1100
maybe he finally gave up posting here, too bad, he cracked me up

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6637
Upload<~~~AndyF < Setting Gain

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 524
MY MOFO 12'S prolly sound better and hit cleaner then his 9500's hahahaha(this is with his gain at half way up) LMAO!!!

Ecoustic oWnZz

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2757
"just waiting for my 9500 mtx weighing 55 lbs a piece for a 10"
k...
that makes i dont know how many times u have said that dude. it dosent matter how much the sub weighs, thats nothing to consider really. my havoc is almost half that weight and will prolly get louder.
ohh, make a viddy of the 14.4 volt thing, cause the only way stock alt and optima is keeping 14.4 is if the system is not on

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1490
muddy..LMFAO

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6667
<~~~AndyF setting the Gains....

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
heres the truthUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
thats with my car on and my sub at high volume thats from my what my caps voltage tester is reading and it also says around 80 amps or so i can take a pic of that to if u need and dont try sayin sh*it my caps not working thats bullsh*it its a new cap

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1131
^^^^^ i dont care what your cap says, your not keeping 15v with 2500 wrms and a yellow top, its just not happening, you had to have installed something wrong

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6676
wow.....thats great mang....ummmm you still blew the DD's. lololololol

AND. 15V with 80A of current = 1200wRMS...nowhere NEAR 2500:-)

which means you must of been clipping those DD's b/c 600wRMS per DD is NOTHING b!tch.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
well it was around 80 amps at times it went as high as 110A or high it goes so fast i cant see it change all the time but i did see it in the 100 110'sA

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1133
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OWNED!!!!!

Andy i love your posts, they crack me up keep them coming man

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1134
o the ownage post was for what muddy said haha

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 555
hahahahaha dude u just made yourself look like a fuxtard haha, and that picture dont mean anything.. i can take a picture and install my cap and make a reading of 18V if i wanted... capacitors suck, and are a waste good amps have all they need inside of them, like Havoc said make a video... cuz u already got brned up talkin your pushing 2500wrms and you really only getting readys of 110amp max? it would be sort of constant pushing 2500rms and a high amperage you would be around the 200range of amperage being pulled
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us