Well Its In!!! little problem though!?!?!

Silver Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 239
the cvx is in, and so far had lots of fun with it, set of alarm today, make people faces DROP!!when i take them for a spin...but when i set my radio to 0 and turn my amp up just about full, to get ready to show off..it hits loud and no music going, it like when in competions you blurp it for the db....and also when its down the sub chirps and makes funny noises.little noises

whats wrong???im thinking its a feuature on the amp...or my ground wire. because its not directly to the chasis, its on a nut when i fold down my seat for my blazer what do u think

with that problem i hit 135db with a wal mart db meter its crazy!!

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 423
Well I hate to tell you this but...those Walmart DB meters are very inaccurate,your db is actually much lower.:-( I would say about 5-10 DB lower.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5928
if you turn the gain all the way up it will do that. so don't do that.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 939
^^ .. gian match your amp with your h/u .. most likely 4 volts.. and odds are your running a lot of BB.. don't do that either. BB only makes it seem louder. it will boost only certain frequencies but overall its pointless and does nothing but bad :-) .. btw.. your h/u should not have to go over 0 for bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
whats that chirping noise also. if you feel the sub when music is not playing,and you feel the sub its moving to the chirping noise. and i know the wal mart meters are unacurate thats why i said wal mart,i actually hit 138.2 with that meter i took some off.

you have to see it to beleifve it when its at zero and i turn the gain up the sub goes crazy,(obnoxious)..

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 221
hmmm, you must have a different one at your walmart, the one at ours is 130 or 135 max, very inacurate anyways...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2327
"you have to see it to beleifve it when its at zero and i turn the gain up the sub goes crazy,(obnoxious).."

i'm not sure but i'd say your getting feedback through the rca's, and also don't turn the gain all the way up, thats very bad, just set it and leave it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
its set at no gain i control by my radio..and my ground is better but it still makes that noise...im going to buy some good rca's...next im working on voice anybody selling some ev's..im getting components in front soon that should help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us