So would I blow them??

Bronze Member
Username: Bigman3889

Post Number: 16
So I have 6 by 8 pioneer..260 watt maxx...50 wat rms...4 way speakers... At 4OHMs in my fronts and I'mgonna get new backs but just planning ahead....if I buy a 125wat rms ..2channel amp...can I wire my front left and back left to 1 channel...and my front right andback right to the other channel? And would I blow the front speakers in doing so?? Thanks I would really appreciate the feedback

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1282
you oculd but 1) you would need to watch the gains since wiring two 4ohm speakers to one channel will produce a 2ohm load and 2) you will lose front and rear fader if that bothers you.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5676
For a balanced control, you should try 4 channel amp.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 809
^^agreed

Bronze Member
Username: Bigman3889

Post Number: 21
alright so i looked into a 4 channel amp..something cheep nothing special at all...im pretty much just lookin for my music to be LOUDERR lol it puts out 60 wats RMS per channel at 4 ohms....thats something alot better correct? its more of what i should be getting...now just wiring the speakers...should i use thicker speaker wire to run from the amp to the speakers...cause running a whole new wire form my front speakers to my trunk will be ANNOYING lol but is it worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 856
It's worth it, and required, when using an external amplifier :-)

60 watts RMS per speaker is great, most head units put out 14-18 watts RMS per channel so you should notice a definate change in SQ with that amount of power.. PROVIDED that it's a quality amp.. if you plan to put a jensen amp on there it won't be a huge difference from your current setup with the internal amp on your headunit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us