Fi Q or Fi BTL?

Bronze Member
Username: Tank6585

Post Number: 18
Currently i have 2 15" Adire Brahmas, and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade? I was looking to start with 1 18" Q or BTL but am not sure which to go with.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 260
same amp that ur using on ur brahmas u would be using on the new sub? if so wats rms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Hifonics Collossus, i am looking for it to get very loud, and have good SQ like the brahmas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Bump^^

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2458
IMO, you're not going to ever get better sq than your Brahmas below 70Hz.
It's just not possible :-)

Had you not already purchased them, I would personally have directed you elsehere (crumby company with a lack of quality control with their engineering)...in addition to the fact that they are 15". You really have just about the best there is. That is, you can arguably step over, but I think stepping up just isn't a plausible consideration.

If you don't abuse the subs, and you keep your continuous power below 900watts, you should be perfect. The only thing I would consider for a change is the enclosure. I.e., if you are sealed (which is blissful for those subs imo) you might consider going ported. The subs do well in both applications, although I would be shocked to find that you have the available volume for a cabinet of that size (in the case of the latter).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I guess i should just stick with the brahmas. The box they are in now is ported to 30hz but isnt that big. I will be making a bigger box soon, have the whole cargo area of an explorer to use for a box.

Thanks for the help!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1264
how big is the box you have now?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google, use it

Post Number: 6461
tune a bit higher if you want it louder....otherwise to get louder with the same tuning(aka same SQ) you will need more subs!!!!!!:-)

Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 7
in my opinion (that's if you are really looking to change those subs out...) get the FI Q subwoofer. Those things get NASTY LOUD and retain sq. Want it really loud? The high xmax BTL will definitely deliver! Although the prices seem cheap it is just a number, just like the sizes of those spl motors. Bigger isn't always better... happy hunting, or happy building! diy ers rule!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us