Crap..... angle ports

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1164
man how life comes at you fast.... i had planned on buying a dodge charger and putting 2 18s in the back seat but i was forced to buy a car today so i had to get a honda accord, hmph, whatever sh1t happens, is there an equation or something or a site to make an angled ported box?

like this with a port

/_______________________________|

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 236
i dont know what the he!! you are trying to do there but go to http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

enter dimensions and away you go.

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1166
wow, that box came out completely wrong, but anyway, like a box with one angled side, how do you port it? im thinking just find the cf of the triangle part then the cf of the rest and add it up and port it normal but idk

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9188
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

www.the12volt.com has port calculators too ....

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 280
Troy....I think I know what you are saying...You are trying to get a box that looks somewhat like the one below right?? well I made one like that and I am sure there is a way to get it into a slot port but I didnt have the energy to figure it out...so what I did is just use PVC pipe for the ports after I figured out how much volume it had and everything...on the RE box calculator you can do the slot port with the angle but the angled side has to be the front with how they have it set up.

Upload

I hope this is helpful somewhat...and that is the exact box I ended up building for my Rl-p....except the ports are now up and down instead of next to eachother..

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1171
well, thats almost perfect i was gonna have the ports coming out of the angled part, so i guess ill just get the volume and port it as if it were rectangular?

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1172
didnt bump, thank you for the help

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 22
An accord is a far cry from a charger. Was there someone holding a gun to your head?

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1173
both my cars blew up, first my lexus tranny took a crap then my silverado wasnt drivin in a long while and one of the seals in the tranny dried out and blew when i ran it

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 659
I woulda taken the accord over the charger anyday :P

But I'm bias.. I own an accord :D

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1177
haha, i saw the accord and saw that its the ugliest thing ive ever seen so im getting a mustang instead

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 545
buy my mustang

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 928
i hate hondas but i'd rather have one of those than a ford.. Lol.. autotrader.. for the price get yourself a better car

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 222
I am by no means a super ford person. But they aren't like some people make them out to be. Why do you think they have been around as long as they have? Why do so many people love ford trucks?

All I'm saying is they aren't all that bad.

Chevy is my first choice, but ford is a close second in my book. As far as pickup trucks go they make a great truck. I would rather buy a chevy or a ford over a dodge any day.

If anyone wants to give me a fact as to why fords suck, I'm listening. Most people just say "fords suck fix-or-repair-daily blahblah" but, when asked to back it up they have nothing to say.

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1179
mine goes chevy dodge ford thats it. 13000 for 25000 miles and a GT cant beat it sorry, im gonna put 2 18's/15's in it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us