WOW

Silver Member
Username: Mike17362

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 121
everyone i got my btl 18 it is crazy lol and i like it alot but the only thing now is i have had it for like 2 days now and i got a guy that wants to buy it and if i sell it im thinking about getting a dd 9515 and i want to know will the dd 9515 beat the btl 18 ( it has a third magnet and a hixmax coil). what do i do

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 921
Well if you get the DD 9515 and it disappoints you .. you can always sell it and get another BTL... or two

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend

Post Number: 6387
the BTL fully loaded will handle more power than the DD 9500

Gold Member

Google is your Friend

Post Number: 6388
hmmmmm i am noot sure what the third magnet and ^xmax coil does to the power handling(i am sure it increases it a bit) but i dunnooooooo if it will be able to handle 3-4 daily like a DD 9500....dunno. lol

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 122
will the dd9515 sound better than this btl 18 and will it get louder and lower cause i have heard good things about the dd 95

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9190
according 2 scot FI owner a modded BTL will easily handle 3k daily & if ur a expert & know wtf u r doing it can go into high 4k of handling power - thats y im ordering a 15" fully loaded BTL .....

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 233
post some pics of the BTL 18

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3408
Some of you on here remember Johnny, right? He used to post pretty regular on here.

Well he just replaced his '05 RE XXX18 w/ a fully loaded BTL18. He is running an RE 36.1 (only 2 of these amps were every released...1800wrms). He went from 143dB w/ the XXX at bout 38hz to 146.3dB w/ the BTL at 30hz. That is w/ a direct drop in!! Not sure what he metered at 38hz...he just told me what he did at 30hz. I'm 80% sure the box is 7.5cuft tuned to 28hz.

146dB+ at 30hz....that is rediculous!

I got to hear his XXX18 when me, him , and robert put on a comp in Laplace, La, and that XXX was a low bass monster. I'm trying to talk him into bringing the BTL18 up to my comp in west monroe, La.

His truck is a early 90's chevy ext cab...they like to peak at ~50hz. He is planning on building a box tuned to ~40hz pretty soon...:-)

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 125
what all dose he have on his 18 cause i only have the hixmax coil and the third magnet if he has more than that i want to send mine back and get more done to it

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5910
he has all the option on it.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?s=52ada83b2770a296f927705151e a071a&showtopic=7318

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 934
oh yeah i heard about that on ca.com i think he was looking for the other one of those amps. that seems like an awesome amp

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3410
I got word from him that he found the other 36.1!

KBaudio has it. He is planning to buy it from them.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 127
i want to see a vidio on his new setup i like the xxx re setup i may know some one that want that sub if he is trying to sell it ask him if he is and ill see what this guy i know what to do

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3411
Johnny asked me just the other day if i knew someone that would buy the XXX18.

hit me w/ an email if your friend is interested in buying Johnny's XXX18. I'll get ahold of him and get a price.

marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 128
dose he have any vidios of his truck with the xxx 18 in it

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 242
PICS SQL PICS

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 129
what

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 311
Post pics and get a price. I hate emailing.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 130
oh it is gone now lol i sold it already im going to get a dd9515 now lol

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 249
what the hell why didnt you post some pictures?

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 132
lol there was no need i didnt get a chance to even take any cause like soon as he found out i had a 18 he was like your lieing and when i showed it to him he wanted to hear it and once he heard it he was like ill buy it from you right now and he was talking with the right price so it is out of my hands lol now im going with the dd9525 something louder than the btl 18 lol

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 20
wow that's amazing, wanted an 18" to a 15"? is it 9515 0r 9525. lol I think that would be insane dd 95 series that is a 25 inch woofer lol. not trying to flame here I think it's funny. lol ( obviously a typo but hey this is my humor kickin in.) no offence to n e one. lol

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 134
lol it is a 9515 every one telling me it will be louder and better than the btl18 with the two mods i had on it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
i think it is more of application. but until u hear the difference between the two... check this out ( stevemeadedesigns.com ) look for the (4) btl 18's video... pretty cool! BASS HEADS whats up! WHAT DID U SAY!?! lol

Gold Member

Google, use it

Post Number: 6513
i think it is not going to be louder....lol

they will both handle the same power...and the BTL had more cone area...

254sq.in. > 176sq.in. of cone:-)

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 135
so muddy you saying i should have stayed with the btl

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 230
you gave up your fully loaded btl 18 for a dd 9515? bwahahahahahah, sorry, ive made mistakes before too...

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 136
well i was told that the dd9515 would get louder than the btl but i have not order the 9515 yet so i still have a chance to go back with the btl 18 and give it more power cause i only had a 2000watt soundstream on it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
what ever floats the boat... good luck!

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 137
lol i checked out that video and when i get my a suv im going to get something like that forreal lol and like right now im trying to get either another btl 18fully loaded or a dd9515 for a crazy daily driver

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
try a 15" btl. honestly an 18" btl will work with 4 cubes. the 15 will work in a 3.5 cube as well. the motor strength of the btl is over the roof! btl's have no warranty due to what it was designed for... abusive spl! yes people buy it and use it for daily but ur hearing it from me... those things are MONSTERS! btl= built to last.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 138
so your saying i can go with a fully loaded btl and a solid 2000 watt amp and beat a re sx 18

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
hell yeah! put another 2000 watt amp on it and hang on! steve meade has got 4000+ watts to 1 18" btl and thats for DAILY! that 18" has ultra sensitivity for it's 1w/1m. i thought you talked to scott?

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 139
i have talked to scott and the guy that build the dd subs and im stuck in between i want to hear both of them formyself cause kevin told me taht the 95 will get louder than the loaded btl and then you guys are telling me the btl will be louder so im stuck in between lol dont know which way to go with this

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 77
hmmmmm... it's all up to u now... good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1047
i have an idea lol, get (2) AQ HD3 15's and (2) 2000 watt amps and dominate them both, its alot like the 9500 even made in the same buildhouse and owners of each company are father and son

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 141
that setup sounds good but im going with one sub that will be a crazy daily app. cause your saying that one dd9515 will be the same as to hd3 15s then that will save me money and be crazy for one sub

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1048
no i'm not saying that 1 9500 is as good as 2 AQ's there practically the same thing and unless you run more than 3000 watts per sub you wont notice much of a difference at all, and the AQ's are only 374 shipped so it would be a little bit more than running one 9500

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 144
so one aq would be better than the dd9500 if i power it right. how is the loudnest the sq and the low bass on this sub

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 180
Better listen up sql.

According to the forum, there isnt a sub on the planet that a sub made by FI isnt louder to the ear, with better SQ, that goes lower, with higher SPL, on the market, made today, by anyone....EVAR!!!!1!!omg!!!

/sarcasm

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 145
so your saying stick with fi for the better sq and louder sub

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 183
Sure, they are the greatest subwoofers ever produced in the world bar none.

The "end all....be all", has finally been produced.

/sarcasm <---- If your unsure of the defintion, look it up, and get back to me.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 146
so inother words your being funny and saying the fi is not a really good sub

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 184
Havent run one, i couldnt say, tho others can, and they havent, which amazes me. Scott appears to have done a very good job on the build, selection, and cost.

While they spec well, and the price is right, they still cannot be the perfect choice for every single application ever mentioned. Period.

Speaker building didnt just begin yesterday. Other than the value i see nothing that is so special it warrants a pat "Fi" response every....single.....thread.

Would i try one? You bet, ill try anything once.

Would i suggest owning? Time will tell.

Would i suggest every thread? Never.

Do i think its the loudest sub ever. No. (application dependent)

Do i think its the cleanest sub ever. No.
(application dependent)

Do i think were taking the fanboy thing a bit too far? Yes Sir!

While my hat is most defitiely off to Scott for what he has accomplished, and do not wish to harm sales in any fashion....i must say, some of you, need a reality check.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6573
Fi Army Unite!!!Upload lmao

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6007
don't worry renegadesrun. as soon as something else comes along, that will be the next thing on this forum. we all like to stick to one brand. lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
and there u have it, lol! it is based on application... thank you! i have LOTS of experiences with different woofers and by far fi works for me. i've never had a problem. i tried the x, the ssd, the q, and the btl. i also tried some dd woofers, jl etc, etc... man i change my woofers like my under pants! lol seems im bad now though... im stickin to fi. im done. but guys it is all YOUR choice. well have to go to work... have fun! lol

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2613
i would say try the D they are very amazing subs i am not saying this 100% cause ive never heard a fi but i bet the 9500 will have better sq than a btl but sayign that with the same power the fi would most likely louder due to it being a 18" sub but the 9500 can hadle more power i would give both a try see what u like more

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 186
I too have extensive experience with many woofers, both thru the shop and my own personal uses. I have my personal fave, just like anyone else, but i shy from imposing my "fanboyism" upon others simply because "I" love it.

Heres a link or two of a few i had, and a couple reviews. Havent updated in a while, but its cool for now.

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2397&st=0

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6013
renegadesrun........its just the fi is fairly new and people are very curious to how they sound. also the price is the main factor. the price is fairly low for subs in that caliber. if scott never built the resonant engineering subs, i probably would of never thought about buying it.

many people on this forum have heard and had experience with many subs. we are not biased towards any particular brand. as you browse through the forum, you will noticed the title of the thread saying "fi vs ...". maybe thats why you feel that everyone thinks fi is the best. no one thinks that they are the best.

like i said before, if ascendant audio or other brands come out with something new, then thats what people would be talking about then.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6579
i agree...if Scott wasnt building them, i would have almost no interest, but i loved RE subs...and heard a XXX, and thought it was magical...so now i want a Q nucca......lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6580
and i will never go to any other brands than the ones i have HEARD for purchasing:-)
but i have faith in Scott's words about the Q.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 147
ok guy well fi it is then lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 869
anyone on here looking for a XXX 18??

hit me up @ crabmaster596@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 871
anyone on here looking for a XXX 18??

hit me up @ crabmaster596@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
it's plain and simple Scott's a genius and ima follow every step of the way... YIII haaa!

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 149
k thankx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us