OT - Jobs

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 204
alrite, im 17 and looking for an after school job so i can get some extra cash to contirbute to my parents for my new car which i want. im not trying to make minimum wage or anything like that, i want atleast 7.50. ive been looking at applying at BB or CC or stores along that line. anyone got any ideas for easy, flexible jobs that pay decent?
or have experience working at BB or CC or stores like that?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 382
Get a job at UPS.It sucks but you should start at about 9 dollars an hour for 4 hour shifts a day.

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 49
I used to work in a gas station when I was in high school.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 205
robert,
when you say work at UPS, do u mean load boxes on the truck? cause if thats what u mean, then that sounds like a decent gig to get into.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 385
Well that's sorta what you do...but you actually would either be on the line or a truck loader.Take the truck loading job if you can get it,it's so much easier,working the sorting line sucks.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 207
alrite, that sounds good, ima check to see if i have a ups store like that close to me. thanks for the suggestion.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 386
Check online.They hire anybody and everybody by the way :-)

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 208
wow, they got one right across the street from my school, literally. i didnt even know they were there. ima go check them out tomorrow after school.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 644
Also check FedEx, around here you make 9.25 starting and after 90 days you get a raise based on performance (anywhere from .05 - 1.00) pretty sweet deal! You also get a performance review every 90 days after that at which point you have the possibily of another raise or change in responsability (promotion).

Another great way to get a job is to go to your local temp agency and apply.. they'll send you to a bunch of different jobs and when you find one you're really good at and you like you can inquire about being hired on permanent status, alot of those places make a minimum of 10.00 starting in MN, might be more or less where you are, though.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 210
Fed-ex has a store a couple minutes away from my school. i mite go check them out as well tomorrow. that raise/promotion thing sounds great. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 323
Try to get into forklifts and then work in a warehouse. You'll be chillin. But my advice is, work in a warehouse, have them train you in the forklift, once you got enough experience ditch the company and go find another one that pays better, unless your happy with the pay.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1611
man....landscaping is where the real money is

made a landscaping business with two kids a few months ago, all we do is mow the lawn and weed whip. 20 buck lawn can be done in 6 minutes. you will make more than any of your friends

you wont be able to start now...but maybe next summer

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 257
have to be 18 to use heavy machinery.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 906
^^ .. 18 for warehouse work.. I know cuz i am a lift operator in one but they do pay decet. i started out at 14.05/hr and got my 1st 3 month raise which bumped me up to 14.56/hr.. top out in a year an a half with raises every 3 months.. final pay is a wee over 18/hr.. its not bad. you might check with lowes or home depot. they pay pretty good but good luck finding a job that pays that.. i know some furniture stores pay good if you want to deliver.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 211
d@mn, well i guess i can scratch off forklift jobs.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 449
In my opinion, do what you must to put the cash in your pocket. It's not WHAT you do but how well you do it that determines your success. I started swinging a hammer at 16 for $4/hr. Now I earn over a grand a week and all the benifits of a salaried position, all without a day in college. In 2-3 yrs, $60,000, 5-10, $75,000+! Not rich, but comfortable. College is great, if you can afford it, but alot can be accomplished with old fashioned elbow grease. Upload

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 215
anyother suggestions?
or anyone have work experience at BB, CC, or this UPS job? and wish to share it with me.
thanks

Username: Buddhachron

Clover Grove, MN US

Post Number: 1
i make 10.00 at sams club being a door greater haha but i think u need to be 18 to work there

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1281
don't go working in BB or CC or the sort. You'll get min. there or maybe a little more but nothing big. If you're good at talking try sales of some sort. I worked at Verizon and made about 35,000$ in one year working part time and my college was paid for, had insurance, and a 401K. Nice long term opportunities. Cell phone places may hire if you look professional and know how to talk. Also you may want to look into a detail business or window tinting, they get decent money for not doing a whole lot and get lots of contacts.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1881
if you can, get a ups job. even part timers get full medical, vision, dental, and prescription coverage. after 5 years you're automatically in their pension plan, even if you stay part time, and you get your first raise after 3 months, and possible raises every 6 months. and they have tuition assisstance, for full and part time. only downside is the first 2-3 months you have to pay $25-50 a week for union fees, after that it's only $50 monthly.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 937
yeah blaine landscaping i do that some. also BUS BOY and anyresraunt you make sh;it loads the least about of money i ever walk away with is 10/hour most is 22/h so thats pretty damnn good

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 347
you got a target near by?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 348
Well not even just a target, go to a supermarket and apply for a backroom position. Usually 8-9 starting out

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 216
i got like 5 targets out here, but my boy works at one and he makes some crap pay.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 891
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 949
^^ Lol

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 353
well if u apply for backroom its the highest paid positon starting out. I get paid 8.50 and hour and take around 500 after taxes every two weeks. Its not much but its something. And its not that hard either

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2614
be a WhHHore... hehe

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 217
haha thanks juliob but i mite have to pass on that

cavs, what exactly do u do in the backroom? im just wondering. and getting about 500 every two weeks is great compared to my old job.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 354
Well we get this gun thats called a PDA.. Every 3 oclock and 5 oclock calfs drop. Which are everything thats bought in the store is registered through the cash registers and put in out guns. When calfs drop we go to the location on our gun and pull the stuff out of the backroom that was bought in the store. After that we push the stuff to the floor. When we are done with all that we f**k around, its fun... If you have 5 targets next to u like u said tehn see if u can apply for the one who has younger guys in the backroom itll be more fun working with people ur age like i do

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 355
And if target dont work out whoring sounds jus about right.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 431
work at a powerplant on a assembly line like hostes or a maple leaf easy work and pay good and they treat u really good and they dont care in overtime work which gives u all the money
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us