2 JL 13W7 or 2 KICKER Solo-X S12X I need help???????

Bronze Member
Username: Dabigpapa

Post Number: 18
I narowed it down to two different subs I will either be gettin 2 JL 13W7 or 2 KICKER Solo-X S12X I need help deciding which couple to get PLZ advise. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 250
JL's

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 333
Why pay so much for JL subs when you can get something just as good or better for cheaper?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 427
kicker will go way louder but JL 13w7 will go almost as loud and sound much better id choose the 13w7 if price wernt an option lol

Bronze Member
Username: Dabigpapa

Post Number: 20
Well it looks like im goin with 2 13W7 so now what amps & how many do i need to handle their power & what type of batteries & how many do i need. THANKS.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 429
the orion2500d or the hcca-5000 by orion or 2 jl audio 1000/1's amps it be cheaper to buy the orion hcca5000 youl need about 2000 to 2500wattrms i believe the 13w7 are dual 1.5 ohms if u hooked them in series u would get 1.5 ohms parallel i doubt ud find an amp wioth an 0.5 or lower ohms not much amps with that hard to find and in series on the orion theyd get about 2000watts about 1000each perfect for them!and youd need about 1 to 2 yellowtops or the stinger pro batteries and a 5 farad cap, caps do help if u got the juice to power them with people say they are useless they are if u dont have the power to power them thats were the yellowtops come into place dont really need to worry about an alternator extra batteries is more important!!cause when it execeeds the amound of the alternator amperage it takes straight from the battery anyways so in which case the amp you are gona need is def gona exceed a 200amp alternator

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3083
^^^Long A-s Sentance^^

2 13W7's wired at 1.5 ohms on an Orion 2500D would be the cheapest route. 2 JL1000/1's would cost aorund $1400 at ebay prices.

you will definally need a HO Alternator!! the bigger the better. mabye a couple extra batteries. i really wouldn't worry about a cap.

Iraggi Alternator on ebay.
Optima, Kinetik or Stinger for batteries.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us