OT Cheap Subs...... Power Acoustik or Audiobahn

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 414
What maker do you think makes better subs? Better SQ\SPL.... i had audioburns immortal 12's and didnt really like em, i liked PA FUBR12's better.. so since they are cheap and the audioburns burned up for good... i bought a pair of MOFO12's that should be here by tuesday.. these are just for temp.. until i save my money for my 4 12's or 2 15's or whatever.. but what would you say makes better subs, audiobahn or PA i kno its a hard debate.. but i hear more negative about Audioburn subs then PA...

Bronze Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 81
Since you ask. IMO, they both suck. /post

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 415
well obviously... thats why i said they are temporary... im asking for opinions on which are better...

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 418
^bump

Bronze Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 87
Immortals.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 424
Renegade have u honestly heard both of those? the immortals sound like trash from what i have heard.. and i was comparing those to the FUBR12's and they sounded better then the immortals, but im trying to find out if the mofos are better as well.. and waht do you think the immortals are better in both sq\spl? spl more then likly ya.. but i dont know about SQ

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9173
man if $$$$ is really tight best subs i think u can get r PIONEER/PREMIER SUBS 306 model is only $50 & gets quite loud

3002/3004 series of premier r only about $125 each 4 a 1000wrms sub & u can over power them slightly - hits hard/low ......

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3619
cvrs go for 80 shipped on ebay also.. they get dam loud

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5821
i'm with rovin on the pioneers. i've heard a few cars with those and they pound. they are loud. the premiers that is.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 886
^^me to 2 10s sealed and it bumped

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1505
just get a 15" Mofo

Bronze Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 91
Killa. Question was....who makes the better sub.

Technically, DD does, since they made the immortal.

The answer was??? Immortal.

Unless of course you think PA is better than Digital Designs?

Why would the fubar sound better? Relatively low FS IIRC. The immortal has a high FS of about 50hz IIRC.....and that means what?

Burp only. Sh1t for daily. ;)

Bronze Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 92
Why IMO do they both suck? Bahn and PA make crap with horrid return rates, overrate (lie), and have horrid customer service.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 427
Renegarde... i dont think you get the point of why its called a audiobahn immmortal.... if it was made by DD, they did a sh!tty job at it

Bronze Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 100
They probably had restrictions as to what parts could be used.

You dont think ive run this or that, you dont think i get this or that.

Dood. Quit thinking,... before you hurt yourself.

You asked, not me.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO,

Post Number: 515
mofos sound like sh!!t but theyre loud. they still suck lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1940
mofos are not loud they are loud in certain freqeusnis though i think they get loud at between 40 hz to 55hz thats why the sound like sh1t but get loud (not that loud) and because they get loud in those certain frequenzies those hz are the most comon resonance frequensy on the car and gives the mofo a lil boost. dont get power acoustik ill chose bahns over the pa ( only some models not all audiobahns)

aw1206t best sub bahns have ever made just like the the bahn 800 something amplifier very godd solid amp

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 47
I've owned an AWP312T which is about a 400 dollar sub and it was very nice, and I've owned some Farenheit Ck-12's and 15's made be PA which were also very nice. I've never heard the Mofo's but I have also heard more bad reviews about the Immortals. I would say for the money PA makes better subs though.

-C

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 429
Ok well i got the mofos installed and they sound about 5 times better then the immortals and louder too.... im happyer spending the 300 on them then the 600 i spents on the bahns.... >.< renegade what called up ur hole and died? im not gunna hurt myself thinking :-)

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 109
Nothing really. Since you asked tho...

I dont answer questions i know nothing about. IE...if i was sure, id say so, or not post. Therefore am easily annoyed by scepticism.

In addition...

I dont like apple/watermelon comparisons.

I dont like it when i hear "this sub sounds like sh!t". Even when the brand itself is crap. This means ONE thing. The installer sucks. Period. A well installed sub, 1 dollar, or 1,000 dollars, use in the correct app (ie...dont use a SPL sub for SQ) WILL sound well.

I dont like it when a individual uses a comp sub in a daily app....and slams, even a low end brand, simply because the didnt know wtf they were doing.

I dont like the war in Iraq, sex with pregnant women, and speeding tickets...other than that, im fine.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 349
i dont like speeding tickets either. Or tickets for right turn on red that i got yesterday, man some cops are jus diks

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 112
Mine are 30+ in the Z.

If i lose these court dates i will lose my State Farm.

new car + too much fun = world of hurt

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 430
OK rene.... FACT - i run a immortal at 2 ohms and give it about 800rms and you smell the VC's and they stink, do the same with these mofo's and i smell nothing, its louder in and out of the box compared to the immortals, but besides that i think i had defects wtih them subs since day 1, burned out 4 amps trying to run them subs, either at 1 or 4 ohm. Now with these my amp dosnt get the slightest bit warm it stays cold cold like it was still off, and thats pushing about 1200 rms.... every amp on the bahns would get super hot, even this amp running now on the mofos..

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 116
Perhaps the nominal ohm load was lower with the Bahns?

They would not sound well "swapped out". The immortal require a whole nother box all together. They were never made/designed to do anything but make one loud f4rt. Its a comp sub, nothing more or less.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 433
o well... i stillthink these mofos sound better, i had the immortals in 3 different boxes during the time i had them... but besides that... i havnt tried to run my JBL BP1200.1 at 1ohm yet, or these subs at 1ohm yet.. do you think they should run fine on it at 1 ohm, 1 amp per each sub..? i may be buying another bp1200.1 tomorrow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us