Box Carpeting Question

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 343
Just wondering if there was any special way to carpet a box. Where do you start and how should you cut out the pices of carpet?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3570
there are a ton of ways. you can use a razor blade or scissors to cut the carpet.

you take one big peice, wrape it around the front, bottom, back and top, with all the extrahangin off the sides... then you make sure that the two sides overlape eachother on the bottom of the box (when doin to front back bottom and top, since thats what you cover first) and then in THE middle of the overlaped peices, you cut all the way across the whole box, so that the edges will fit together perfectly.. then the side of the box, has a bunch of diff ways

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 347
What are a couple ways for the sides? lol

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3573
well, the way i like (which rovin helped me with) was to draw a BIG X across the whole side of the box from one top corner, to the oppsote bottom corner. then you take the overlaped carpet, and basically cet the carpet to fit each triangle that the X makes..

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3048
www.bcae1.com has a section a covering boxes. theres another way which i like best shown there. but just try to put all the seams where they wont be seen. usually left and right sides and bottom, sometimes back...just depends on the install.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9164
aaaah BM3 u finally got it right after i had 2 explain a few times - its kinda hard 2 explain in words but glad u got through with it

ya that bcae1 wording/diagrams is very good

when i was 1st doing mine yrs ago i had 2 figure it out on my own

also on www.the12volt.com i cant remember exactly where but there r a few sections where ppl posted how they did their carpetting .......

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3589
which wayh do you like brandon? on bcae1.com i think they show 3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us