I need a box!!!!! help!!! marshall white?! someone?!

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 576
I need a box, I'd like 1" MDF with supports, major supports. I would like it sealed to the specs for my subs, Eclipse Aluminum 88150.4.

I have a box now, pre-fab, that fits nice in my trunk but I blew the median out of the box about 1 minute into testing out my new xtant x1001 :-)

I'm going to glue and screw a new median in but I'd really like one of those nice boxes with the rounded edges, nice thick wood and extremely well supported.. remember this will be taking about 1200 watts RMS

Email me if you can build me a box, and we can talk about cost

Thanks!

Oh, and I'd like it to fit between my wheel wells so the subs would need to sit close together and the box would have to be deep.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 580
bump

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 586
Nobody here wants to build a box?!

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 657
if it is well build you shouldn't need supports, a normal style box will work fine, especially sealed.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 595
I'll need supports.. trust me :\

I at least need a beam going from the median to the side of the box.

Well built or not, I'm positive these subs will blow it apart without supports :-)

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 873
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

im pretty sure thats he eamil if you want to try him there

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6194
i would brace ANY box that is over 1 cube. lol ported or not.:-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 599
thanks mat dope! I emailed him earlier with no response..

I agree MuDDy.. especially with the excursion these subs are capable of.. they hit REEEEALLY hard... very hard on the box :-] 1.17" I believe.. I plan to make a video of these things with the new amp soon! They're in a prefab box right now and still hit reeeeally hard. They hit so hard every window flexes, even with the front passenger side window open half way.. it's crazy :D

It may not be an SPL setup, but I bet it hit's pretty sweet numbers.. where can I go to get it metered in MN do you think?

Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 5
i dont think that marshall is going to agree tho because he said that a box that was 2.25cf for an apx 10 wont need bracing so i dout that yours will

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3394
hi mike,

I got your email, I'll get back to ya later on tonite...I'm about to go eat. I can and will build you a box.

JB,

I was going to brace that 2.25cuft box w/ 1/2" threaded rod. And your 3-10" box will be braced w/ a few threaded rods.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 616
I blew my box apart today, I mean literally, too.
I was pounding the crap out of the subs and it got a little quiet so I went in the trunk and the face was seperated from the rest of the box, the median was also apart from the box. I'm positive it was because I didn't brace the box. The box is screwed together every few inches and that did nothing, it's 3/4" MDF which also didn't seem to make a difference. Ugh.. this sucks I really liked this box :\

Anyways, I'll wait to hear from you marshall! :-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 617
Forgot to mention I had it made by some guy on ebay.. he did a great job but not good enough for my subs so I had planned to build supports inside of it before use but it seemed strong enough so I didn't.. ugh, what a mistake :-(

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 621

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 661
my box is unbraced, 4.25^3 ft and it works fine. remember, liquid nails, deck screws and take your time.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 894
Mine is 4 cubic foot after displacement with no braces.. and yeah it works fine but I'm losing dB cuz I know the box is flexing

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 895
errr.. for your box that is already built just drill some holes and run 1/2 all thread for bracing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us