Battery Needed?

Username: Ebladeoutkast

Post Number: 1
I have all my wires run from the previous owner of the Ford Focus I purchased so all I needed was to have the HU amp and sub hooked up. I went to a shop called Audio Excellence and they quoted me $850 saying my power wire is way too small to power a 2000w amp, 4g in size so I'll need new wires run. Also 2000w is way to much power to run so I'll need a new battery. That seems a bit excessive to me. Do I really need all that? I had the same setup in my last car with no apparent problems. Whats the deal?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 571
What kind (brand and model numbers) of equipment are you running?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1835
"2000w amp" is that max or rms?

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 108
if it is a true 2000w amp you probably need a h.o. alt and a battery. and yes if i were you i wouldnt run 4g. the amp will turn on and work but not to its full potential

Post Number: 2
Hmm sry bout that should have been more specific. The amp is a Lanzar vibe v268 max 2000 rms... 1200 I think with the setup I'd be doing. I don't know alot about that, being why I'm taking it to a shop. 1600 rms was the most but that might have been a low ohms I dunno prly 1200 though. It will be powering a round 15" solobaric, the old one. The hu is a dual 6700 mechanical flip down.
I want this thing done right this time. I blew the amp once already when a friend claimed they could bridge the amp without hurting it. Had to get it rebuilt. Is that all the info needed?

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 265
They want $850 for a ampkit and battery or are you adding headunit amp and sub to that $850.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 574
That amp won't see 1000 watts... and IMO you don't need larger than 4awg until you hit 1000+ watts.

Post Number: 3
I already have the head unit, amplifier, and subwoofer in the box. Also all the wires are already run. I need a bigger power wire, a dash mounting kit, and a new battery, along with those three items installed according to the audio shop for $850. When I went in I thought they would just do a quick install but apparently its become bigger than that. They also suggested a bigger alternator but they think I should see if its needed and come back in later.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1836
they're trying to rip you off, all that stuff bought seperately would probably only run $250-$350 at the most.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 575
You will NOT need a bigger ALT with that tiny amp. Same goes for the power wire.. it will not need to be replaced if you are already running 4awg.

Post Number: 4
I thought that seemed a bit high but thats why I came on here. Just an install? I don't need a second battery?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1838
no. just a better amp.

Post Number: 5
The power output is probably fine for just the one sub. I'm not out for winning any competitions. I just want a decent set up with an ok thump. Also there are the dials on the side for the hz, will they set those? What exactly do they do? I'll get another quote from the other store tomorrow!

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
The old round 15" solo baric.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1841
they should set the gains on the amp for you, but if that audio store was stupid enough to quote you with that price then i wouldn't trust them with setting nothing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
MY BAD

Post Number: 6
Ok I wanted to know exactly what that did. Is that tuned to the box? The car? What difference does it make if they aren't set right?
Joey im not sure if that was a question but yes the Old Original rOund

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
What's the RMS power on that sub. I have a newer solo baric L5 15" 750 watts RMS.

Post Number: 7
no real clue, been meaning to try and look it up but haven't gotten around to it, busy with other stuff on the car. like how the newer solos sound!

Username: Elmagico

Post Number: 1
im selling 2 blue top batterys 120 bucks each new 15 bucks shipping if you are not local
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us