Truck Install Started

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3029
hey, started on the amp rack and sub box for my brother's Mazda B3000

taking a wack at some fiberglass, woo hoo!! heres a pic of day 2 at fiberglass. this is in the spot where the "jump seats" would be, we took them out and are using the space for the sub box and amp rack. tapped everything off on day one, got about 4 layers down on day 2. gotta build up the edges a little, fill in any thin spots, then cut it to exact shape, then the back will be done.
Upload

the amp rack is going on the other side. just got the pieces cut out, this isn't going to be glassed. will hold 2 amps, just some small Lightning Audio amps i picked up for him for cheap. both amps will rest on its own board comming off the back piece. the bottom one is just sitting in place, the board laying in the center of the truck is the second amp board and it'll be above the other one. it'll all be wrapped in blue vinyl, secured with some L brackets (won't be seen). Crystal SSCS 6 crossovers will be mounted on the back of the wall board out of sight.
Upload

system lay out:
Alpine CDA-9813 source unit
Lightning Audio 4 channel, bridged
Powering Crystal SSCS6 speakers
woofers in stock, tweeters under A pillar on door panels
no rear speakers
Lightning Audio 250 watt amp
powering MB Quart 10, Discus

should be a nice little setup.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9161
nice nice nice...?? But i thought u where looking into some sq subs???or was that something else??

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1262
i have a question: WHY lightning audio? very cheap budget?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3038
this is my brother's truck, not my car. i'm gonna go with 4 ID or ED 8's in my car whenever i get a chance.

well, they were cheap as hell, got them for like $120 shipped for both. small, simple and cheap amps. nothing fancy, just needed a little power. plus i paid for everything going into this truck, lol. and these were some that were made by Rockford too i think.

hope to get a little more work done this weekend on it.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3056
alright, well today i got the mold out. top edge cracked a little so i gotta patch it up some and i'm gonna patch up any thin spots before i get to cutting to shape and sanding it down.

i got all the wireing ran through out the truck.
i got the speakers installed, woofers in stock locations, tweeters right below the A pillars on the door panels, angle mounted.
i got the amp rack pretty much done and the 4 channel amp hooked up so hes got sound now. running it bridged, suppose to be 200W per side.
i got the Alpine CDA9813 installed.

pics will come soon, its late and i gotta be up early.

just wanted to post an update

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 196
nice cant wait for the finished pics

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3070
will keep pict up to date. brother isn't home right now and i won't be for much longer. prob won't get a chance to work on it again till tuesday or wednesday.

next project:
Fiberglass door pods for my 6.5 mid bass drivers.
put in 4 ED or ID 8's.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4059
Good work brandon. keep us updated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us