Nissan 240 system

Username: Sk8r_5ninezero8

Post Number: 1
im wondering what setup i should put in my 240 hatchback. i was thinkin either 2 10s or 1 12'' cause 2 12s would definitly blow my windows out. i pretty much think i have an idea about what im supposed to get and stuff but i was wondering if i could get some input on what some other people would get, door speaker, subs, and amp wise (brands, sizes, etc)

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1051
"cause 2 12s would definitly blow my windows out"? why? do you have a high output alt? also do you need a head unit? what size speakers? what do you want sound quality, or loudness?

Post Number: 2
you dont think 2 12's would be too loud for my car? im not trying to compete in any bass offs or anything. and im not trying to be the guy you hear bumpin from a mile away. i just want somethin that bumps and thats the best quality i can get for a cheap price. and yeah i got a headunit but im lookin to replace it later on after i get the subs and speakers hooked up. and i need 4'' speakers for my doors

Gold Member

Post Number: 1054
do you have a specific budget?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 756
My buddy has 2 12" type R's in his 240 and it sounds awesome. I don't know where your getting this info, that 2 12's will blow your window

Post Number: 3
well i didnt mean literally blow my window, i just meant it would be too loud. but i guess not. budge wise..prlly nothin over 100 for an amp. and i've been look at 12s prices around 70-90 for 1 12'' im just uncertain about what amp i need to push a sub or w/e. i'm lookin at gettin one pioneer 12 puttin out 400 RMS.

Post Number: 4
do you know what kind of amp ur buddy has? and all the specs about the subs and amp?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1834
if you only plan on spending $70-90 for one sub i'd get an aa assassin. other than that i'd save up more and get something better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1056
your gonna need to save more money if you dont want junk...well amp wise, you can find some decent subs for around that much...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3545
yea. a AA assassin or kicker CVR are your only option. i dont know how much a pioneer 306 goes for..

but the only cheap amp that could drive all of those would be an audiobahn intake series amp

Post Number: 7
well ive been lookin online and i found a memphis 12'' for 69, a pioneer 12 for 79, and i was lookin at a dub amp for 79. but im not sure. i know memphis subs are pretty good but the one i was lookin at wasnt any cast baskets or anything. they were just PRs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1058
this is what you need, http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin12specs.html, prolly the best your gonna find...

Post Number: 8
so you would recommden the assasins over a memphis or a pioneer?

Post Number: 9
ok well do you think you could give me a link for the cheapest good-quality amp that would push that 12

Gold Member

Post Number: 1059
yea, id either get that or a kicker cvr

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 193
buy assassins, i can not find words to describe how much you will sacrifice if you buy pioneer subs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1060
do you use ebay?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1062
an audiobahn a8000t would be your best bet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ight thanks...yeah i use ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so if i get the subs..should i still get some door speakers for clarity? my door speakers are shot right now and i have a pair of 6x9s

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 578
ohhh boy lol

front stage = most important part of a system .. unless u just want bass .... id get a good speaker before a sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
haha well thanks for makin me feel like a dumbass...any suggestions on speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 850
depends on your budget for front stage.. I mean we could go off with brands like morel but with your budget for your amp and subs being so low it can't be that high..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yeah im definitly still tryin to stay cheap. i'm lookin for a good quality cheap 4'' set of speakers

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 852
Might look into Diamond D3 series.. I know they make a 4.5" but idk about a 4"..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yeah they dont make a 4''.. any others?

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 854
they make 4" in components sets which would be your best thing.. coaxials are not the best thing for SQ. Are you willing to use a component set or stuck with the coaxials?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
see i dont really know much about car audio so i dont really know what ur talkin about...haha

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 855
Heres a few but we need a budget to work from or its going to be a harder choice

Image Dynamics CTX4 (CTX5 if you want to spend more)
Eclipse SE8245
Nakamichi SP-C452
Phoenix Gold RSD4
Infinity REF4012I
Polk Audio db Series db400

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 856
a component setup is basically a tweeter/midrange/crossover .. this setup allows you to direct the sound into better locations for better quality and with the cross-overs it going to direct the signal to the correct component allowing for clearer music. Coaxials are the 3 in one components but without the crossover (given a few have some that are not well).. They are easy to install and cheaper but don't sound as good.. That list above is for coaxials
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us