Arsenals dont seem loud enough

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 182
right now i got each in 2cubic ft sealed, but it isnt as loud as id like.i just installed them about a week ago and im powering them w/ a kicker kx1200.1, gain is just under 2/3. any suggestions? maybe i just havent turned it up far enough yet, how can i know how high i can turn it up without hurting anything?? im afraid to turn it up too much cause i dont want to damage anything

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9150
how loud do u want it???

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
im not competing or anything like that, they are just for daily driving, i want it to be as loud as possible but still retain good SQ

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3393
set your gain w/ a DMM...that way you will know just how loud you can turn the volume on the HU up.

(set the gain on that 1200.1 to ~36V AC with your HU volume to 3/4 and bass boost at 0, turn your HU bass controls to flat...dont use any "loud" features)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1261
^^^when i set it that way i can have the gain up pretty far, and after i've set it..for my taste for daily listening i set the EQ on my HU and set some of the bass settings a couple notches up and then it causes it to clip at high volumes...

i need a DMM

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5736
where is your box and how is it positioned? sometimes the way the boxes are positioned plays a big roll in output.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
its in my trunk, facing straight back

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
maybe a stupid question....whats DMM?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5739
digital multi meter

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
ohhh, yeah my dads an electrician, got a couple of those

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1502
go with a ported box. that'll give you that extra thump you're after

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1269
maybe its just there was a little bit more hype than the reality of the matter. Not to say they are bad subs but maybe not what some people think.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 444
seriously i think u have got something hooked up wrong, is this your first install?? because my 1 15" arsenal slams pretty good for 1 15 in a sealed box, my rearview wont stay up, lets just say that lol. i mean how loud is it? because the first time i hooked it up i messed up the ohm load and it was really really quiet so u might wanna chack that, but mayeb u just overestimated it, who knows

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1142
2 12's with 900rms total to them in a small sealed box can make windows flex on buildings in a small car. They are loud, I can tell you that... Sounds like you hooked them up wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 424
just get better subs then arsenals like dd2500's there like around 300 each it just requires saving a bit more but it be worth it and your kicker amp will play them more then fine enough!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 862
port your box and put them in some more air space what size are they

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 656
i've got 1 15" and i think it is plenty loud enough. it's loud enough that you can barely scream over it. port those aresnals, give them more power, becuase 600wrms isn't nearly enough, and make sure you have got a ho alt, good battery, good cables and a big well built box.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 866
yeah your charging system must be lacking becasue that amp should do 1450rms so 725 each isnt bad even though they can take 1000 each

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
yeah yeah. i got 200amp alt and all that good stuff, big 3 etc. i may have just not turned them up enough, how do i know how high i can turn the volume up?,

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
and everything is hooked up correctly, im not one to do something without really knowing how to do it. also, they are getting 720watts each, birthsheet says 1440

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1837
port em and im sure youll still get excellent sq from em....

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
i know but guys say they will make windows flex on buildings and im just not getting that, ive been through parking lots, windows down and never set off any alarms, and my rearview vibrates some, but it doesnt fall, i really think i may not be turning it up to its full potential but im afraid to cause i dont want to damage anything, when you are poor like me, you really dont want to blow something you just spent so much on, after all, my system cost more than my car did.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1266
TURN THEM UP! if you set the gains right and didnt max out the BB or anything stupid, you can turn them up to full volume. I wouldnt suggest it full volume all the time but you could do it. you got:
-the power from the HO alt
-the big 3
-and not overpowering them

YOU WILL BE FINE

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6199
then just be happy:-) lol

they are SQL subs man, not Square subs. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 64
is this ur first system grebnereon?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1847
are the gains on the amp and hu set properly? and have you tried putting the back seat down to see how it sounds? cars suck for systems, you lose alot in a car, thats why i'm shooting for a small suv here soon. but if it's still not loud enough then i'd go ported and maybe put more power to them.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1841
Just turn it up till u hear distortion (sh!t outta ur subs), if u cant set off a car alarm with ur subs then there is seriously something wrong with ur install, its real easy for me and all i got is a couple of cvrs.....

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1848
i even set of a few with a pair of w3's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
i turned it up about as loud as i ever have earlier and the subs were comming out about 1.5 cm,from their normal position. the xmax on these subs is 2.5cm, does this mean i can push em harder? is it ok to push subs all the way to their xmax? and is the xmax that ascendant audio gives one way or both?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6201
xmax isn't bad......

it is xmech....that is when the VC former and the top or bottom plate shake hands for the first time:-)

you can go past xmax before you reach xmech.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
so you are telling me i can push these alot harder than i have been??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6206
i dunno...after that ND comment.....HAHA

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1844
maybe somewhere your neg and pos is touchin, peep that out man....

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
naaa they are good, ill post pics sometime, my install is pretty good i think, i need to hide all the wires in the trunk still but thats it

MUDDY i was just telling it how it is with the notre dame comment, they have been really good though besides that one game, i dont know what happened to em

Gold Member

Post Number: 6208
nah dude, i am just messin....i am not that big into College football anyways. lol

i would pop in a song you are familiar with(no suprises in the bassline...like a 20hz note or somethin) and turn it up to see how they are excurting....then turn it up some more to see how it sounds.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
alright, ill do it tomorrow, its late here...115am, and the parents are sleeping, i bet they would love to wake up at 115 to a loud thumping :]

Gold Member

Post Number: 6210
LOL.

of course i meant tomorrow, it is quarter after 1 here as well..

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
hey, you got AOL? my sn is knj8908

Gold Member

Post Number: 6213
yeah, mine is DDN@zi

the @ is an a, b/c you can't say N*zi on here. lol

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 116
hey wut ohm load do you have them hooked up at.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
1ohm, but its actual like .75, bacause i took the digital multi meter to it, after i already it wired , and i measured it at the end of the wires and each sub was 1.5 ohm, so when i put the +s and -s together, it should have been .75, i didnt check it after i wired them together though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us