Help does the HeadUnit affect AMP ?

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 70
My headunit wasnt working so i bought a new one. A pioneer HU. I paid Senor Stereo to intall the radio for me 37$... While im there the guy tells me that my Mids & high amp isnt working. This was while the radio was out & all the wire was still out.. The guy wanted to check with me that my amp wasnt working. I cheked the green light behind the amp & it was flashing & not still.

what has me thinking is why would my amp get fucked up after the new radio got installed ? so i asked him ( why isnt it working & he said time ) those things happen. he was 90% sure it was the amp ...

what can it be ? Iv'e had the amp for 2 years & the moment i install a new radio it gets fucked up.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9086
check all ur fuses...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2469
^^^audio stores can create some problems... that's their job

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 71
im thinking that the connection from the old head unit & the amp may have caused the problem & killed both the radio & amp... just my guess. =( but then again it worked fine for 2 years.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 255
Doesn't it seem when you take your car to a CAR AUDIO STORE for a problem. Some how they find problems that wasn't there before(RIPOFF). That's why I only buy products and install myself.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11659
if the amp worked when you took the car in, then it stopped working when they put in a radio, that's in THEIR lap to fix or replace.
that's why they have insurance.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 72
yeah the amp worked fine.. then my HU got fucked up & then when the new radio goes in ...pooof the amp another problem..

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3538
haha. you can say fucked?

lol

and not anythin else

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 592
Ultimate Electronics installed a set of subs, a speaker amp and a sub amp for me about 1 1/2 years ago.. they did something to the 4 channel and busted 1 of the RCA connects off and it in turn blew the corrosponding channel, the amp is built to work as 4 channels simultaniously so the other 3 channels soon followed.. you know what they gave me for blowing my amp? LOOM! 1/0awg LOOM...

NEVER pay a shop to do your work unless you know the person installing personally.. otherwise they'll swear it wasn't their fault :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us