OT. Car accident

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 905
sucks soo bad

i dont see it as my fault but i just got my license 3 days ago so either way im screwed, any way i look at the seen i cant see how the car was were it was after i got slammed

if anyone has had a similar situation to mine it would be great if i could hear um so i got a heads up on what im in for.

and if anyone else has somthin to say let me hear i

i stoped at a stop sign looked nobody was coming so i pulled out and got slammed across the road car is smashed every way i look at it. i almost think it rolled buti dont really now.

the other driver was a 39 year old man , the car wasent his and they never tested him for a DUI.

thanks for any support ahead of time.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6067
dang...so was it your fault?

i mean to say was it a 4-way stop or you just didn't see him and he pile-drived you?

Glad to hear you are ok, even though i don't know you and you are a post wh0re.:-) j/k lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 907
i looked 3 times as always told in drivers school but seen nuttin pulled out and got whaled, the car is totaled (post pics when i get them)it was a stop sign and i was merging into traffic, and i just got my license so either wether i tell um my side of the story or not they wont belive me. the other drive said he dident see me comin.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 473
Fu ck accidents

I did
two crashes @ my Benz . 1999
one @ my Toyota corola 1999
one @ my lovely GOLF GTI 2002

And three of them its not my fault . Just last one @ my Benz , it was my falut . actually its not ,y fault but the fu ckin policeman said its your fault , But i'm sure its not my falut .

Accidents Experience

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 739
ha 3 days into getting you liscense try me....4 hrs after getting mine, had to hand the cop my paper one.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 197
that sucks man, hope everything works out for you

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

IL US

Post Number: 241
Were you issued a ticket? If you were issued a ticket (which if you werent, no offense but you should have been thats just how the rules are) then you will have to pay the ticket and the accident will be considered your fault and ur insurance will have to cover the damages for his car. assuming your vehicle is totalled then they will give u the amount of what they think its worth and you can either buy the vehicle back and use the rest to fix it or scrap the car and use the money to buy a new one. because u were in an accident ur insurance is going to go up no matter what, thats just the way it is. depending on what state u are in you may be able to take a class/go under court supervision and have ur ticket dropped, but its prolly not likely and not worth it.

If you didnt get issued a ticket then your insurance and his insurance will battle it out and decide who was at fault and how much each is going to cover for the two vehicles.

Either way your insurance is going to go up a decent amount. and if you got the ticket, you cant get another one for 2 years or u will lose your lisence for 3 months.

If you need to know anything else just ask. by the way everything im telling you is from personal experience right down to every last detial so im a bucket of info when it comes to this.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 198
if you can, i recommend taking the class.
if you take the class, then chances are the ticket(if you got one) will be dropped and erased from your record. this is what happened when my boy got in an accident.
but could be different in your state tho.

Silver Member

IL US

Post Number: 242
yeah it depends on the state.. I believe Illinois just dropped the class this year so if u live here like i do ur kinda screwed. But yeah take the class if you can. it will cost 50 to 75 more than a regular ticket to take the class with your ticket, but if u have the ticket on your record your insurance will go up. not to mention its already gonna go up because u had an accident and your 16. your gonna have to be really careful because having an accident so early makes it pretty easy to get slapped with "high risk" for your insurance if you have another. Then your insurance will almost double, and it stays until you are 21.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 413
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1386
wow that sucks. sounds like something that would happen to me

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 35
Sounds to me like it was not your fault, even if they say it is.
I have had one accident, but didn't total the car, not even close. It was raining out and the lady in the Toyota camry in front of me slammed her brakes on. I slammed mine on too but my Chevy Blazer has a lot longer stopping distance, so I rear-ended the car. It caused a signifigant amount of damage to the Toyota, but all my truck needed was a new front bumper. Thats it. Was $30 from my local U-pull-it junkyard. Just goes to show that those older Chevy trucks really are built like a rock.
I didn't get a ticket, but my insurance went up $100. I was lucky not much damage happened to my truck cause I have liablity only insurance.
I hope you have full coverage.

Silver Member

IL US

Post Number: 243
Not to insult your opinion at all MS but if you pull out infront of someone its going to be your fault 99% of the time. wether you see them or not makes no difference.. the only way it would have been not your fault was if he was drinking or excessively speeding and they would have had to have ticketed him at the scene of the crash. its too late now. im really interested as to wether or not you got a ticket though. but even if u didnt, most likely when your insurances battle it out you are going to come up paying for a much more significant amount than him. although the fact it wasnt his car is going to be a big mess for both you and him. cause you are going to end up having to deal with "victims" and not just one. to be blunt, although not mean, you're about to get as*s raped on this one my friend.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 740
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO !!!!!

thats the funniest pic you have ever posted Paul

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 228
i have a pritty sad story to tell well i had my first car for 3 and 1/2 hours and i totaled my car and the other persons car because he ran a red light but the sad part was he blamed it on me and the cop knew him so he bealeved him over me oh and the fact that i only had my license for 3 and a half hours adn i got 2 tickets and no car :-(

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 415
Why is it then when they say that just about %100 of all rear enders are the guy in backs' fault? If there are no witnesses, the insurance co will peg the blame on the guy in the Upload

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 416
Oh, and BTW, I have sooooo many pics that are in waiting. Please don't dare me. HEEHEEHEEUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 36
alan:
damn that sucks.

Gavin:
What I meant was it will technicaly be his fault, but if what he says is true I think the real cause of the accident was the other guy speeding, not paying attention, something along those lines. That is, if joseph really looked just before pulling out as he says he did.

If I had to bet I would bet that the other guy was not paying attention. I have almost rear-ended cars, almost run stop signs / lights, etc, while looking at women on the sidewalk.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6071
b/c the person in the rear must do all that they can do avoid hitting the person in front...this includes slowing down when you see someone pull up froma sidestreet.

the only way it ISN'T your fault if you slam into someone is if they pulled out in front of you w/o giving you ample stopping distance, and even then...wtf. lol

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 140
gavin.. where at in illinois do u live?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2560
it was ur fault man cause u pulled out infont of him even if u didnt see him coming it just means u didnt look good enough or forgot to look somewhere or check ur blind spots either way im sorry to hear it man hopefully u had collison and will only get the 300 deductible then ur insurnace going up a little bit like 1-2 hundred a year more

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2452
Drive slow... lol

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 479
Do n't Drive slow as Juliob said .. Drive fast . He He He

I never learn , After every accident i say i would never drive fast .

Then after just one week , I return driving Crazy ..

Fu Ck in .. CARS

Silver Member

Post Number: 909
he hit me in the rear side of the drivers side idk whats gonna happen yet all i can do is hope for the best . and i had a passenger in the vehicle to luckly he is over 18. he just got out of the hospital with a fractured spine. its not to bad. he had the same story as me and his mom is on my side to so i hope it will all go well. thats all i can do, crying no wont make a difference whats done is done< sh*t happens. i bet in five to ten years i wouldent have changed a thing. we all learn from are mistake granted im learning this one the hard way because i really dont think it is my fault but i stil learned a leason. hey it could have been worse , the cars final resting place was in between 2 trees. big trees, lucky i dident hit one of them baby's . i hope everyone remembrs this that happened to me . i dident expect it just like one of you wont, all i can say it look multiple times and get the (big picture) at all times. thanks for everones support and info i will post before and after pics when its all squared away.

what happened sucked but i could have been worse, i got lucky. i now have a whole new pespective on life because right there and then it could have all been taken from me.

thanks again

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1885
all i have to say cmon people lets take some drivin classes ok..........!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 910
dude i payed 350 bills all by myself , i took the driving classes, i looked to the left then right and looked left again then turned, i did not see him, i really dont know were i got hit i just think i have an idea. it was so quick.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 124
wheather that guy was speeding or not its still your fault you had a stop sign its your responsibility to make sure no cars are comeing before you turn... you turned into a path of another car..your fault not trying to be a a@@ but according to police and a judge so on so forth you are at fault... on another note glad you are ok and hope the other people that was envolved are ok too

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 497
d2mn ive never been in an accident and i hope i never will but i almost did a bunch of times cause dumb@sses dont know how to drive lol and its mostly women driving that get on my way with out lookin....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5659
Joseph, don't panic and when you have to, explain carefully in detail how you did everything possible to avoid the accident. It could be that the other driver was speeding. Never admit guilt unless it is. Age has nothing to do with skills. I've seen some old f@rts that drive like brain-dead morons and vise versa.
You have nothing to lose by fighting in court.
Who knows, maybe the other guy was careless.
A tip for you, when you go to court, dress in suit and look clean/innocent. Judges notice and respect that.

Silver Member

IL US

Post Number: 244
Justin: im from a small town called Olney IL. its down in the southern part of IL. although i just recently moved to st. louis to go to college.

Joseph: I'm glad you have a good attitude about this. when i got in the wreck that totalled my car i was so mad until my mom brought it up to me that me and my girl friend were about 3 feet from both being seriously injured maybe even killed. it really puts a new meaning on what really matter, such as your life over your posessions. Another tip if you do take it to court, if you are certain that he was speeding then when you tell the judge DO NOT say "im pretty sure he was speeding", or "i think he was speeding." make sure you tell the judge you are positive he was speeding.

I called my insurance agent yesterday to check out the whole it wasnt his car situation for you and it turns out that may work to his advantage depending on what type of insurance the actual owner of the vehicle has. The actual owners insurance may not cover other drivers who drive his vehicle. some do, some only cover other people over 21, and some dont. If he only had liability or his insurance doesnt cover it you may end up not having to pay to fix the other guys car because he violated his policy. I know thats a lot of "ifs" but its definatley something to keep in the back of your mind when you talk to your agent about this. good luck man, i know what its like and it sucks but like u said, atleast everyone is ok.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1886
dude i never had an accident but the cops had tooked my truck 2 times already just for the system, they could hear me easily form 3 blocks and now if i add all that i paid the total its around 2000 dollars

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 200
I had my first accident like 3 months after getting my license. Really crappy experience. I never got a ticket though which is lucky. Nobody called the cops.

I had collision insurance so all that happened was I had to take my truck to service king. The damage was about 500$ to replace a body panel thats it. But I just paid my 250$ deductible.

I got out lucky my f-150 just got a dent in the back but his little toyota got straight up raped.

My rates didn't go up either. Definitly made me more careful with my driving.

But just the other day though I had a near crash experience that scared me half to death. A guy basically had to go up on the sidewalk to stop from hitting me.

Nothing happened he didn't even honk just drove off. I am not really sure what happened I looked at a stop sign and saw a car a ways away and pulled out in front of it. I look back and he seems like he slammed on his breaks and went up on the sidewalk.

My guess is he stomped on the gas right before I went out in front of him. One of those rush-hour traffic when everyone is trying to get to work times. Anyways, driving is a very dangerous thing one little mistake and your going to have an accident.

Silver Member

Post Number: 911
im tryin to post pics but everytime i upload them it just loads for ever any idea's. i have a whole bunch of pics. is the a website i can post them on and give you guys a link.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1132
photobucket is good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us