Looking for good set of speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Th3di3s3l28

Post Number: 41
hey guys
starting to put a new system back in my truck after the old on got stolen and i'm looking for a good set of speakers. It's a 1991 chevy pickup.
its got 2 front 4X6's and 2 rear 6X9's. I used to have some JBL audio coaxials in there. what would you guys recommend? Budget, dont really have one, not the right answer I know. I just want to have the best ones i can get. I suppose no more than 400 for both pairs. Thanks, Steven.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1260
I can get you Kenwood Excelon speakers for under 400$ PM me or email me and i'l get you a price.

Silver Member
Username: Noviceinstaller

Here, There

Post Number: 113
not dissing kwood,, i own sum but--
ive had 3 pairs of the 400w/pc 6x9s and they all blew they were only ampd w/ 100 watts max each

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1263
ummmm....yeah that doesn't explain much. Kenwood Excelon are different than normal Kenwood and no Kenwood coaxial, Excelon or not are rated for over 100rms, most are 70rms or below. Any Kenwood speaker that is KFCX- has to have the X or its not Excelon are pretty good for the money. Also Pioneer D(rev) series is good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
alright. It's gonna be awhile before i buy anything. I was just gonna see what everyone had to recommend on the brands and then research them before I make a decision. any other suggestions? I've heard infinity has some good ones. any others?

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1265
infinity is decent but if you've ever listened to good speakers you'll think Infinity blows.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9110
^^true...even there kappa perfects are kinda ifiy..imo

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1267
perfects were terrible....the cmmd tweeter is the worst

Bronze Member