SQ Sub

Username: Whitewonder

Post Number: 7
I am looking for a 12'' sub for my 92 Explorer with a budget of about $300 (I can go alot either way, but this is my first system so I don't want to go too extreme.) My main concern is sound quality, but loud is always nice too, but not competition loud, listening to loud. Right now I am thinking of getting a DEH-P680MP HU, a component set, and a cheap speaker pair for rear fill.

Aside from subwoofer suggestions, would it make sense to run a component set and a single woofer from 1 amp if I run the rear fill from my HU? And if so what amps would be good for this?

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1821
for $300 you could get two 12" assassins and still have a little left over. they sound great and get pretty loud.

http://ascendantaudio.com/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1035
jl audio 12w6

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2556
w6v2 end of subject best sq sub on market unless u an find a idmax they are amazing aswell

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3002
definally JL's W6v2.
also IDQ and RL-P.

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 39
For the sub, I've got a nearly new Mmats procast 12 for sale for 150 shipped. Amazing SQ and gets very loud with not too much power. I'm only selling it because I went up to the Procast 15.

As for your amp question, if I understood you right, then yes it would be fine. I know Planet Audio makes some nice 5 channel amps for 2 sets of speakers and then a sub. Let me know if you're interested in the Mmats. You could make me an offer as well.

-C

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1247
Fi Q?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6592
JL 13w6v2 or 12w6v2!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »