1992 Explorer Component speakers.

Username: Whitewonder

Post Number: 4
Looking to outfit my 1992 Ford Explorer with Premium audio with a set of components for the front doors ( 5-1/4"). I am willing to spend about $300 for a set, and am planning on powering rear fill with HU amp (most likely a DEH-P680MP) For rear fill, should I get new speakers or just leave what I have?

Also, anyone familiar with explorers, what would be the best place to mount the tweeters for ease and sound?

And yes, I am planning and getting an amp for the components. Please include amp suggestions for each set of components, I don't know much about car audio.

Post Number: 5
Oh I'm looking for pure SQ, loud is nice, but I won't put a system loud if I lose quality, if that makes sense.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3001
JL XR's, Rainbow SLC's or Crystal SSCS (6.5 though) would be nice. all will work well with 75-200 watts of power. what kind of budget for an amp??

not sure on placement for tweeters, usually best to use some double sided tape and move them around and see what you like best though.

Post Number: 8
I don't really have a set budget, but If possible I'd like to get an amp that would power the components and possibly a JL 12w6, and just use the HU amp for rear fill speakers. What amps would be good for that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us