Porsche boxster install??????

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 130
I have a system in my daily driver s-10 ext. cab. I would like to put something small in my boxster. It has two useless trunks. The front trunk is really narrow and kind of deep. The rear trunk is shallow and about 3 feet wide. Has anybody done an install on a boxster? I am up for different ideas. please help. Probably one small sub is all i could get in there.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5655
why not leave it stock? why would you want to touch that beautiful car?

if you must have bass then how about a nice 10 inch sq sub in the trunk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
Poor man's porsche. I was just wondering which trunk to put it in. I was thinking of going with an 8 or 10 w7 or something along those lines. Just to give it a little kick. Both trunks are kind of isolated. The engine is in the middle, so if i put anything in the back trunk I don't know if I will be able to hear it.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

IL US

Post Number: 239
anyway you could put it behind or under the seats? i have heard that people usually have bad luck with subs in those "front trunk" things cause u just dont hear it very well.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 428
id say forget the subs and just get some amazing mids

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
02 I think you are right. I just don't think a sub is going to work. there is no room behind or under the seats. I have never seen a car with this little room. I believe it has 61/2 in the doors right now. Is there a 6 1/2 mid sub that would work good?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5658
you should get a nice 3 way comps. have it installed professionally. it will sound sweet in their.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
If I keep the stock radio, should I get a jl cleensweep or something like that to run the amp off of? My bad it has 5 1/4 doors and 4" dash speakers. Is there a set of 3 ways that will give me a little bit of low end extension?

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 437
bump for pike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us