OK, Thats it, I apologize for all the bad things I said about...

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 144
Audiobahn.

Forget all the negativity I've posted about their subs. Just got back from the shop from building a box for an ALUM15N and I gotta say, I'm DAMN impressed. We modeled six different boxes in BBP6 and not one looked promising, ended up settling on a 3.0 CuFt (After Driver and Ports) box and that subs SLAMS. Lots of bass on our 150W Kicker Bench testing amp, because we had already locked and alarmed the front of the store we haven't even run it NEAR it's RMS rating (1,100 watts.) I'll be sure to finish eating my crow tommorow once I get it hooked up to a real amp on the showroom floor. Damn you Audiobahn, damn you to hell. (PS, Alpine's Type X, JL's W7 and the high end Kickers all sound better so far :-) )

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3486
audiobahn has no question bout gettin loud, its distortion and quality out of ALL of them i have heard

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2544
and failure rate they do get very loud though

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1810
yeah, i've heard two of those subs in the back of a cherokee. they got real loud, sounded good when your not real close/in it, other than that they sound like shi_t. i'd never put anything audioburn makes in my car. plus, the kid had to send one back to audioburn for replacement in just a couple months.

Silver Member

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 148
Bassman, I wouldn't crow about just loud, it was much clearer than I had expected. As far as reliablity of the subs, I've heard the stories, but have no first hand experience (I don't sell it). I will say that we will not install their anps anymore, EVERY SINGLE ONE comes back at a shop that has an extremely low comeback rate. Trust me when I say that I HATE Audiobahn's sound, but I have to give it up, this one suprised me.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3489
what are you comparing them too? just mainsteam sound? cause if so, there isnt much to compare to. excpet kicker is the only mainstream i would go

Silver Member

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 151
I tend to compare to my stocked brands these days (Focal, JL Audio, MTX, JBL, Polk MoMo and Alpine.) I would say I'm comparing it mostly to the Audiobahn's I've heard in the past. I was not a big fan of Kicker when I carried them, but more based upon acoustic principle and old schoolness than audio quality (Square subs, FEH!) At the time I was in the wonderful world of install as well, and any changing your box building routine will rile up an installer faster than you can say free install. Obviously most of my subs in the price range smoke this thing. I think I was more taken aback by the fact that it didn't suck than anything else.

Geez, you guys all sound just like me if I were to respond to this thread. I take it back, Audiobahn blows, forgive me my indiscretion, I will sacrifice a virgin to a W7 and a goat to a 27KX when I go into the shop tomorrow. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 843
yes the subwoofers by audiobahn do get loud and some times they even sound fairly good ( non of there cheap stuff sounds good ) but the subs over all cant constantly handle there rated power thus they end up dead after only a short life span and thats why i dont advise buying Audiobahn Subwoofers but ive never had one problem with there amps and ive run a few different ones and right now i have two in one of my cars ive also had one benched in the past and it did do its rated power, i think it said on the test that it did 2300rms at 1 ohm with 14 volts ( i think it did 2380rms but i cant remember so i just wrote 2300rms ) and this is the A2300HCT rated for 2400 at 1 ohm and 14.4 volts but i dont have the specifics of the test because i misplaced it way back but right now im in the process of moven and if that test is still in this house i will find it and post it on this website

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 189
The alum is audiobahns sq sub i heard them before and i was also impressed sounded much better to me than kicker cvrs and ive heard many in dferent cars but the other audiobahn subs stay away.....

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 463
compared 2 (Alpine , JL Audio even kicker)

NO WAY

and i think u 're comparing

W0 JL
cvr kicker
type e Alpine

You have 2 be honest @ ur comparing .

Same equipment rating .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us