Would you buy this? it meets my specs, other ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 942
Hi guys,
I am looking for an amp that does 800-1000 at 4 ohms, and 1500-2000 at 2 ohms. 1 ohm rating not too important right now, but im sure it will be in six months. The kicker zx1500 looks ok, but kinda price. and not realy the specs I want. Any other thoughts?
My prefrence would be Zapco 9.0, Some MMAts, US AMPS, maybe some orions, PPI,or should I just look for two amps that do 800-1000 at 1 ohm. I have 1 L712 d2vc (750 wrms, but will handle 1000) now but will be getting another soon, hence the required amp specs. Thanks in advance Van Man

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7412.html

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 944
Forget that amp, just found out its made by power acoustics, Stupid site wont let me delete thread, so any other ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 456
MMATS amplifiers are Good . US also but they are more expinsive than kicker .

So i would say kicker . Its your choice .

BTW whats your Budget .

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2402
that SPL can put some good power for the budget but seriously a good/cheap amp for those specs would be soundstream pca 2000d

1000w rms 4 ohms
1500w rms 2 ohms
2000w rms 1ohm.

Or orion 2500d

1200w rms 4ohm
1700w rms 2ohm
2500w rms 1 ohm.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 459
I would say as Juliob said ..

Orion 2500d

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 945
Thanks, budget is not an issue, 500-700ish, Ebay, used, referb, whatever, as long as it meets requirements. Yea, I have been leaning towards the orion, but would prefer a "step up" Orion seems kinda on the budget side lately. alot of talk that the newer amps are kinda lacking in quality. Any other amps come to mind/ The magazine I have just list 2005/2006 models, and I am sure there are older amps that fit the bill, Just cant seem to find em easily.
But thanks for responces. And when I mean Kickers are pricey, I mean for that money I think there are better amps.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 191
i have to agree on the orion 2500D lol its a damn good amp

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 221
Kicker KX1200.1 would be great with that sub. Ever since directed bought orion,PPI they havn't been the same.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 946
OK, thanks for your help.
Its dowm to the Orion 2500 d
or Kicker ZX1500, And Joe, ^^^is half of what I want.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 947
Thanks Juliob,
(I dont know why ppl give you a hard time, you always seem very helpful)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2414
they give me a hard time cuz i own a lanzar vibe 1800d amp and they don't like it... but i can be helpful hehe

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 464
hehee Juliob , Don't care if u like it ..

GOOD LUCK

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
Juliob

I thought you said you have a lanzar vibe 1200D.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 645
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2809.html

on sounddomain.com they have a 105% price match option so you could get it for less with a warranty and they are really under rated

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 646
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2808.html

oops meant this one not that last one lol

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 251
That kicker ZX1500 might be good enough. I just got y kicker KX12001.1 and the certificate sheet says it has like 1435 so that 1500 is prob underated just as much as mine was.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
You said you have a L7 12" dual 2ohm right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2426
joey the 1200d/1800d are almost the same, the 1800d is more powerful cuz it has one more filter, one more fuse and the strappable technology (although i've never opened the amp before) And i got it for 145$ shipped with 1 year warranty so i just bought it!

marc you can get 2 small amps and strap them to create a 2 ohm load, while powering subs at 4 ohm... you can even get two hifonics 1206d (not the best option) and they will do the job. But seriously you should consider the ZX cuz is the cheapest/best amp for the money

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 949
Sorry I havent responded,Ive been battleing a virus on the PC all night, What a pain, Watch out for anything called "Project 1" Its a beast. Must be new cause none of the virus stuffed worked on it.
Anyway, I gonna go for the Orion, It will push my 1 L7 d2 i have now at 1200@4, My new L7 Im getting soon at 1700@2, and my 2 new subs, when I decide what to get, at 2500 at 1 ohm. So its a very versitle option for my plans. Thanks for helping me narrow it down guys.

And cavs, I think the 1500 is like 1750ish wrms

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1124
in other words juliob upgraded his lanzar amp and bought aqnother lanzar amp that was the same except it has an extra fuse.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 541
Why talk so much crap about his amp? If he likes it, let him like it. It's not in your car... so what the h3ll's your problem?

Sorry to be rude, I'm just sick of people getting on other people for their preference in brand.

Juliob likes his amp.. let him be already..

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1125
It's not that Mick. He can use what ever brand he wants. The thing is that he talks trash so I have to talk it back. Its the mature thing to do.

Silver Member
Username: Noviceinstaller

Here, There

Post Number: 111
uuuuuuuuuuuhhhh.....???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
i don't talk thrash, i didn't get another lanzar amp you stupid, i posted the article already and you don't seem to bother and read a lil bit. If i own an amp puting 1200w rms+ what's the big deal, forget about the brand and concentrate about helping other people... not talking sh1t about their amps putting 1200w+ rms all day...

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 950
Gee, Im glad nobody is harrassing me for running 3 Optimus amps.

Upload

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1126
juliob its not ur amp. its just that the first time we posted it was sh!!t talking. maybe we got started on the wrong foot. maybe we need to try again and be friends. are you going topost pics of your system like we talked about? no big deal if not. lets just squash this sh!!t.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us