AMERICAN LEGACY= CRAP?

Username: Mikewalker1

Post Number: 5
i just got 3 new subwoofers, 6ohm subs and 1000rms a piece, so i have to find a 1ohm stable 3000 rms amp, so u can see that they are hard to find and when i do find a good one they are expensive as hell, when i check on ebay im flooded with american legacy subs that fit that description vut they are suprisingly cheap, on ebay i can get one that fits my description for $100-150. is that because they are crap or is it because im getting a real good deal, and if they are crap then what about them make them so crappy?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2395
they're crap... they make em crappy cuz they don't have $$ to invest and create some good quality products to compete in the market. I really don't know why those brands sell too much and they don't put 1/4 of their rated power. But i do think the lack of knowledge can do crazy things.

Seriously don't get those Legacy's.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9022
ur gonna need at least $500 to power those subs

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Youngstown, Ohio United states

Post Number: 650
what subs are these anyway?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9024
looks like audioburn

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
yeah^^^haha those flamed ones, you need some RAW power and a huge electrical upgrade

Post Number: 6
yea they are audioban, but they are the q sound series ( very similar to the flame series) they are alum12n subs to be exact, any recomendations on a good amp? if im gona spend a lot of money i want to make sure to get the right one

Post Number: 7
how about if i just use 2 of them instead of 3? but that would completely mess up my setup, because it would be 1.5ohms because they are 6ohms subs, but it would be much easier to find an amp ( much more affordable as well) what do u guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1015
yea, id just use 2, 2 should be plenty loud

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 515
I'd resell them and get better subs :-)

Post Number: 8
but they are good subs, very under rated

Gold Member

Post Number: 2400
^^^^^^x2

Post Number: 10
personally i dont understand why everyone has something against audiobahn, especially the q sound series subs since they are well known for there sound quality, plus u wont find any better subs in this price range. it seems like audiobahn is the place to go if your powerhungry, my subs are 1000rms each and they are actally some of the weakest subs they sell, i mean they have crazy subs like i saw they had 12in subs that push 2400rms a piece

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i know power isnt everything , but im just saying..... cuz they have so much experience and all,to be honest with you i was gona get a pair of cadence subs but they were a bit too pricey.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
mike audiobahn has bad SQ, if you want loudness then is ok, but if you want to hear music hehe that's not the best sub... you can get way better for the money. I agree with mick, you should sell them

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 517
Every audiobahn piece of equipment I've owned has sounded like a 2 dollar tweeter in a pop can. Aside from that the build quality is weak, the materials are inferior and the rated power is ALWAYS off. One thing I can note is I've never owned an Audiobahn amp, borrowed one once for a few days and it sounded like crap, but never owned one.

I've owned a set of components, 6x9 seperates, tweeters with crossovers, audiobahn head unit (very rare for a reason haha) and numerous audiobahn subs. I've owned alot of their stuff and never liked it, the reason I don't like them is from experience :-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 518
One last note.. I ALWAYS encourage people to stick with the brand they like. If you like Lanzar get it.. audiobahn, more power! Focal... yes!

:-)

Good luck with your subs.. just be careful how you mount them in your box, make sure you tighten the screws down tight and use all 8 of them.. don't half as$ it. Also make sure you have a nice amp with the correct power for your subs... I can't bring myself to recommend one for your subs, sorry.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2406
hm... i think that lanzar comment refers to me hehe... i only own that amp cuz is underrated, costs 145$ shipped and has a 1 year warranty so... no problems for me.

Just to lucas beckner f*cking freak!

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1119
so juliob are you you gonna upload pics of your system or are yous cared to settle this?

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 194
I would never buy lanzar or audiobahn but I think if they sound good to you thats all that matters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us