Focal k2p upgraded vs. morel elate 6

Bronze Member
Username: Dht

Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico

Post Number: 37
wich speaker is better? a 3 way is better than a 2 way? why? i want a sq sound but i like it loud..

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 976
the 3way should sound better.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 985
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1249
3way has more benefits but also is harder to install properly. I kinda lean toward the Morel but only because I hate Focal tweets.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 904
wat kinda car u got if you want 3 way's

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2961
^ what Alter said ^

3 ways take a lot more in the install then 2 ways. also, the K2P's are designed to be installed off axis if i remember correctly. the inverted tweeters take a lot of EQ work to tame, but sound very nice if you know what you are doing.

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 155
^What Alter AND Brandon said But with some extra notes:

To build on what Brandon said, We've had great success with the K2Ps by either mounting the tweeter low, or by kicking it slightly off axis to the listening positions. The Inverted Dome does not spread sound in the same manner as a ring radiator or dome tweeter. We've found that sitting in the "Sweet Spot" can really fatigue your ear and sound harsh.

Heard the Morels in a customers car last week and loved 'em, but not a match for the three way K2Ps.

To answer your last question, three way designs more efficiently route frequencies to a speaker designed to reproduce them. They operate under the same idea that you wouldn't expect subbass from a 4 inch speaker, just on a broader range of frequencies and a narrower spread of speaker sizes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us