Amp going into protection mode when i turn it up load

Username: 2e1fmo

Post Number: 1
Hi, sorry I know this has been discussed on here, but i'll be honest - i didnt make much sense of the other topic answers.

My amp keeps going into protection mode when i have the volume up loud whilst listening to the radio. Although some times it will be fine. When I play CD's it happens nearly every time - fine with the volume down low, but as soon as i turn it up - the Amp goes into protection mode.

This is usually resolved by wiggling the fuse in the back of the amp, but then it'll go again. Really frustrating!

My setup ran smoothly with no problems in my old car, but since installing the exact same system in my new car I have these problems. The only difference it how the Amp is earthed. In my previous car it was on a bolt attached to chassis. The only suitable place I could find an earth in my new car is under the rear seats on a bolt - not sure where the bolt it connected to though. Although i guessed it was ok as it worked fine at first.

Going into protection mode happens alot more frequently than it used to. But only when i turn the volume up loud.

If anybody can help, it would be most appreciated - and go easy on me with technical terms please!

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 13
It sounds like a definite ground connection. Those seat bucket bolts are a bad place to ground because normally the bolts and the surface of the chassis is painted. It doesn't get a good connection.

Jason
www.audiotekx.com

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 256
check you wires, make sure nothings accidently hitting.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2431
another thing is that your amp gain is too high and your comps or subs are underpowered, your amp gets hot and goes to protection

Username: 2e1fmo

Post Number: 2
thank you all for your suggestions, I will certainly follow them up - will let you know if i have any success!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us