4 15" cvrs vs 2 15" l7's

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 451
this the box i will put the 4 15" cvrs in.....powered by the same amp!kicker zx 1500.1 vs 2 15" kicker l7's which will be louder?
http://caraudiofactory.com/415-sealed-sub-box-p-79.html

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1774
i'd say the 4 cvrs' but why not port them? not like kickers have the best sq anyway so you wont be giving up much.

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 267
4 cvrs...

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 452
i might port them later!! But does the hifonics 2000 put out that power? or is the kicker betTER?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 453
bump

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1777
kicker is definately better. hifonics decent budget amps but their overrated, you'll see about 70-75% of rated power. kicker is built alot better and are underrated. for example my kx1200.1's birth sheet says 1490wrms @ 1ohm, instead of 1200wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 268
the hifonics BXi2006D will put out about 1700-1800

the kicker is underrated and will put out about the same...1700-1800

overall i would say the kicker is the better amp

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 755
Honestly I'd do two 15" L7s with the same size box ported.. that would be louder.. The CVRs don't get all that loud. I've competing agaisnt 4 12"s CVRs with my single SX 15" and got a beter number on a TL...

btw.. why kicker?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 454
i have been wanting kicker subs...idk that like my favorite brand..i just picked up some kicker tweeters today! i dont like the brands you all like...like treo..and...Re..and stuff like that..never had personal experience with them.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 757
Thats why you don't like them ;) ... But anyway.. do two 15" L7s ported.. with the right install you can see 150s

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 259
I wouldnt get that box If I was you because it is only made out of 5/8" MDF and from what Ive heard from everyone 3/4 is the minimum that should be ran....expessially cause you are talking about running some decent power to them

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 455
i dont think the l7's can take the 4 cvrs...lol idk

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 758
my single RE SX 15" can take 4 CVRS .. Lol.. so no doubt the 2 15" L7s ported can take 4 15" CVRs.. look at it this way.. you will probably see high 140s with 4 CVRs at most with a sealed box.. The L7s can get in the 150s and I've seen it numerous times.. and stein.. 3/4" and 5/8" is nearly the same size wood.. the 3/4" is 1/8" thicker which is not much to matter

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1778
why not get the cvx's? imo their the only subs kicker makes that are worth buying.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 456
lol..so you think the box WILL BLOW!!! idk...what will happen?? will it flex or something?

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 761
it won't blow.. it would be fine.. but from your posts you seem set on the 4 CVRs..

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 457
idk...it doesnt matter really so do you really think the solos can take the cvrs?? well in that case i guess the solos.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 766
Yes.. I go to many comps and have seen the L7s put up good numbers in the riht setup.. but like Mike was saying don't over look the CVXs.. If you just flat out want numbers go for the L7"s.. Those 2 CVXs in a ported box will do well and sound decent doing it.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 458
i just flat out want LOUDNESS lol...sound quality really doesnt matter that much..i think that=SOLOS.lol

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 768
Why not go for the Solo X and get some more power.. lol

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 459
naw...dont want that..plus dont have the money for that.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums