Box building experts please read

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 445
as you all know i am about to get 2 15" l7's all of you recommended a ported box!! i dont want a prefab ported box but i dont know how to build one..can some one tell me the step by step directions or something? and the materials i need!! it will be my first one do you know how long it will take? thanks

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 446
i found this..looks a lil easy!! is this what i need?

http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 739
It works.. and is accurate. For a first timer I recommend that site.. Just piece if together how you feel is best. I normally do all the sides first then put on the top and bottom. You'll need a skillsaw and a jigsaw/roto-zip. Lowes or Home Depot can actually cut the MDF for you if you bring them the measurements. As far as time.. take your time and do it right the first time. You'll also need some wood glue or gorilla glue to bond the joints as well as some 1-1/2" screws.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 447
i have glue..and can buy screws..if i print out that website with dimensions they will cut it? all i gotta do is put it together? how much will they charge me?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 448
and what about the holes for the speakers?

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 740
The lowes near me will cut it for free with a printout. I do not know the cutout diameter for that sub but sinde it is an L& you could use a skillsaw to cut out the holes. I'd imagine it would be like 14-1/8" to 14-1/4" for the cutout diameter but I'm unsure

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 449
a skill saw? so ill have to cut out the hole for the speakers>? wow..idk about that.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 741
If you can't do that then you can't build a box.. I'd recommend getting someone to build one for you lol..

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 180
you can pay someone a small fee to cut out all the demensions, then find someone to cut the hole, that is all the help you will need...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 182
also, my home depot would not cut mdf at all, because of OSHA, another place couldnt guarantee prescision cuts, so i found a reputable individual... the hole for the speaker was easy to do though, just practice a tiny bit...

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1309
how the hell do you cut a hole with a skillsaw :p i think you mean a jigsaw

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 646
no he means becasue they are not circular subs then it would be possible to use a skill saw to cutout the square sub holes...skill saw and jig saw would both work for square openings...

Bronze Member
Username: Bump05

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 80
whats the xmax on a 15" l7

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 460
i think 13 mm..idk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums