Calling all experts!!!!

Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 10
okay here is my problem im still getting blinking of head lights and interior lights after ive done this
changed all grounds on my amps to 0gauge i have 0gauge power also have 200amp altenator changed the ground to the battery changed the ground to the frame all 0gauge wires. solderd all connections so they dont currode added a 15 farad cap, still blinks
im running an old kenwood excellon 401m mono block
running @2ohms 60 amp current draw
this is starting to piss me off. what do u guys girls think it would be???

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 733
It is strange how that low of draw would dim your lights but if I were you I'd do the "big three"

1. positive of alt to positive of batter
2. new battery ground
3. engine to chassis ground

How old is your battery btw? A better battery might also help...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3474
that is weird. but, IMO. if ur buyin a new alt, upgrade the big 3 with it.

and a 15 farad cap??? wtf

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 835
he did the big 3 already ..

200amp altenator changed the ground to the battery changed the ground to the frame all 0gauge

and altho he didnt mention changing the power wire im sure he went 0 gauge for that as well but those big caps cause more problems then help so i wouldnt use one of those but what model is it just out of curiousity and where did you buy the 200amp alt from because if you bought it on ebay it might not be anything other then a oem replacement that they lied and said was a 200amp and the battery could be the problem as well depedning on it age and how fast its accepting a charge if its accepting much of a charge at all

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 836
now that i think about it your stock electrical should have been able to handle a 60amp current draw with nothing more then the flckering of interior lights so either its a problem in the cars electrical some where else or your battery is the culprit .. get a DMM and check the car to see if there is a electrical problem even without any of the added equipment

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 738
I assumed he didn't do the positive from alt to battery because he did not post but i may be wrong.. but that was my second answer.. battery :-)

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 837
a battery takes amps and turns them into volts and distributes them accordingly ( well technically they are pulled from the battery but you get the point ) but if the battery isnt accepting and distributing at a quick enough pace you would see some of these problems when trying to add the additional electrical equipment but i still think there might be somthing else drawing power else where that shouldnt be so its either a battery problem or a electrical draw some where that should not be taken place

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 838
Kevin he said all 0 gauge after mentioning the alt and the ground upgrades so i presume he knew to give it a larger power wire from alt to battery but if he didnt he should do so
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us