Audiobahn A8000T in protect mode

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 92
just got one off ebay, untested (yes i knew i was taking a chance) well i hooked it up, it lights up and everything but it stays in protection mode, and ideas what might be wrong? oh it's the A8000T. I didn't try to hook up both my subs, only one 4ohm sub, didn't work so i just gave up for tonight will try again tomorrow. Don't know if this info is important but i noticed the high level imput looks burned. :-( PLEASE HELP GUYS

I tried unplugging everything and having just the power, ground and remote (to turn on amp of course) and still protect mode on :-(
I think it's b/c of the burnt looking high level input.
Are there any test I can try to see what's wrong with my amp? No I didn't open it to see if anything looked burnt. If worse comes to worse does anyone know of a nation wide store or place i can get my amp fixed? Tried changing fuses also
Damn untested stuff lol guess u get what u pay for but i'm hoping to fix it soon Thanks in advance guys :-)

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 926
Sure its getting enough power, Is the car running with just those three connections made? Power, ground (make sure ground is good, Ohm it out if nessisary) and rem jumped from power.

Bronze Member
Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 11
Most likely you have bad FET's. These are extremely common to go out on these Audiobahn models. Usually, when one goes out they all go. If you are comfortable doing this, open it up and look inside. Normally, these will be visably bad.

If you are not comfortable, we would be glad to help.

Jason
www.audiotekx.com

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 93
ok, i will open it tomorrow when i get off work sadly i'm at work half the day and it's late but i really want to get this thing working. @ Jason what are FET's? and can they be fixed? I have no problem opening my amp i did it earlier but not all the way only one side, nothing looked too bad but i just took a glance. @ Marc yes it's getting power, the lights and the fan comes on, but so does the protection light which means i get nothing :-( and i know all the connections are good b/c i still have my old amp hooked up before and after i tried this amp and my old one works fine. Yes, the car was running, I'm using 8awg also. Umm.. what do u mean by rem jumped from power? Basically run a piece of rem wire from my power to the rem input? Isn't that the same as if i had my radio on? Well, i've been lucky getting things on ebay maybe this just wasn't one of them. I'm hoping it's a easy fix or someone knows where i can get it repaired. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but it'll be late in the afternoon gotta get some sleep :/

Bronze Member
Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 12
FET's are the transistors mounted to the sides of the case. We repair a ton of these models and 9 times out of 10, they are the problem. They are replaceable.

Jason
www.audiotekx.com

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 929
yes jumping the rem will help elimanate the hu rem from having problems. Less stuff hooked up, the easier it is to find the problem. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us