Can this be done

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 194
I have to make my two 4 ohms 1 ohm stable.. he link below shows how to do it, but i cant do it that way ebcause my subs are in their own chamber...

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Is their anyway that i could wire the subs like this to make it 1-ohm stable. If you cant understand the picture, its basicallyall pos connected to pos and all negs connected to neg on each sub.
Since the drawing is soo confusing, look at each sub at different time, one sub has baby blue as the pos and red as teh negative and the other one has dark blue as the positive and beige as the negative.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Youngstown, Ohio United states

Post Number: 640
wire each sub in parellel for a 2 ohm load each, and connect each to each terminal cup. now, wire the terminals together in parallel from outside the box. in other words, both pos. to the single pos. on the amp, and both neg. to the single neg. on the amp. voila, 1 ohm load.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4787
The first can be done, but of course it's messy and unecessary. Second diagram is much better.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 195
twofifteen, basically what ur saying to do is what i drew right?

And Jex my drawing is what u said was much better?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 196
Looking at the diagram to make each sub a 2 omh load it only shows one positve being connecteed on the sub going to the terminal, so that means my drawing was wrong cuz i had both positive terminals goingto the sub.. And how would i wire my subs parallel outside the box?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 197
I think ive got it!!! Please tell me i do lol.

Upload

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 198
only bad thing is for some reason now my subs throw eachother off... I have to switch one of my positve to negatives on the sub terminal jus so they work. I have no clue why but thats what happens. So if this happens when i wire them to 1 ohm then itll be bad cuz if i switch from pos to neg it wont be a 10ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 927
Cris, disconnect it right away from that last drawing. Wire it up like 2415 said^^^^ Wire it in the box, from amp + to box + from box + to coil 1 +, then from coil 1 + to coil 2 +. Do the same for the -.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 473
Connect all + to each other, then to the amp.

Connect all - to each other, then to the amp.

This will give you a 1 ohm load.

You should connect the + from one coil on sub number one to the other coil on the same sub then to the + terminal on the back/side of the box. Same with the - to - on the same sub, then to the terminal.

Do the same to the other sub, then wire one terminal (+ to + and - to -) to the other terminal. Then wire a terminal (+to+ and - to -) to the amp :-)

Simple.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 204
Damn thanks guys for all the help. marc i actually dont have it done yet my new amp is coming in the mail tuesday so im jus seeing how to install this stuff before i get it. Marc arent our drawings somewhat the same, all are pos going to pos and all the neg going to neg, only thing different it looks like is im using two sets of speaker wire and you are using one.

And mick i understand what ur saying but thats what i thought i did in the drawing, im losing my mind lol.

I really appreciate the help guys.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 205
Step 1
So right now the diawing below is right, All i would have left to do is take one long speaker wire and connect the pos from the amp to both the terminal pos and take one negative and connect both the negative termninals.

Upload

Step 2 (this is the part that confuses me)\popgif
Would this below drawing be wrong, because im using two sets of speaker wire. Even though all pos is going to pos and all neg is going to neg. Because in all the drawings it shows that the speaker wire coming from the terminals gets connected to one speaker wire. (thats what i dont know how to do, Connect everything with one speaker wire, I guess id have to cut the wire and tap off it somewhere along the line) Thanks again guys

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 191
^Omg lol....please go to a professional and have them wire up your subs for like 5-10 bucks lol.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 210
i rather learn and do it myself, besides the people in my area are as***les everytime i go there they try hitting me up for something else. It never hurts to learn something on ur own

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 928
run 1 set of wires to box terminal 1, then run jumper wires out of box terminal 1, to box terminal 2. Unless your running 8ga wire or something, 2 wires will fit into terminal 1, then you only need 10" or so to wire into the other terminal.

Upload

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 213
awesome i got it now, just gotta find somewhere to get jumper wires, and im probally going to have to replace my speaker wire because its def too thick to fit two wires into one terminal. Thanks a lot guys i really appreciate it. And if you have anymore tips feel free to add. THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2349
i like those JL diagrams hehe

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 214
hey marc u know what kind of jumper wire i should get? Julio you dont like my custom drawing diagrams lol.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2352
is kinda messy but you can understand it hehe

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 215
hey julio that last diagram i drew, woulnt work? Cuz thats the simplest thing i could do. I understand all the others now but i was just wondering.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 931
Just use the same speaker wire as jumpers. 12ga would be fine for that wattage.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Youngstown, Ohio United states

Post Number: 645
chris, quit drawing up ways of possibly connecting the wires on your subs in some fashion that "you think might work".

marc's drawing illustrates my point at the beginning of this threa quite well. follow that, and quit thinking up new ways for us to tell you NO.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 216
No one actually said NO they jus showed me another way to do it.

Anyway my speaker wire is too thick to fit two in a terminal what gauge wire should i get?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 200
If the wire you have is too thick...you can strip some of the strands off to make it fit.Or just get the biggest gauge possible that will fit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us