I GOT IT

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 182
So i finally bought my new amp the kicker KX12001.1 and i should be getting it the 19th. So the 20th im going to head over to a caraudio shop around here n tell them to install it and have them switch my subs to a 1 ohm load. Still not sure if i should have the bass knob installed but ill ask them and see what they say. Cuz i dont want to destroy my subs since i dont know what im doing. Then the 23rd ill finally be getting my pioneer premier 6800MP! Cant wait finally going to have most of my sh*t done, but im never satisfied with anything.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2360
nice

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 196
I'm glad you decided to get it installed :-) I didn't wanna see you fry your subs or amp lol.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 217
haha robert, i forgot i posted that i was gonna get it professionaly done, i changed my mind again! I jus dont want to bring my stuff to these crooks around here where i live. Everytime i go there they try getting me to buy some s**t i dont need or want. I dont really trust them with my stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2521
its easy to install dont worry u will be fine just dont max stuf out and dont use the bass boost knob its not even worth it keep the bass boost ont he amp down set ur gain to match the pre output voltage of your hu its easy ul be fine

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 212
Lol Charlie!Don't tell him it's easy.You should have seen his wirings pics he drew for his subs lol, he would have fried something with the way he had it wired lol.I still say he should get it professionaly done, at least the wiring of his subs that is...

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 488
yeah its the easiest thing we can draw out some diagrams for you for connecting your amp and for wiring your subs. professionals gonna cost you like 60 bucks when you could of done it your self for free....

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 221
Robert LMAO, thanks for making fun of my drawings! Those things took a while.

Pancho thats be awesome if you could draw me some diagrams on how to set up an amp, the wiring for the subs i got down now, which took a while.

And Charlie thanks for the confidence, when i get my amp im gonna see what buttons are on it, and tehn im gonna come back here to see what you guys tell me to set them too. I understand the Gain but tehres other knobs im not going to know.

Thanks a lot guys

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2526
yup just come back on but if robert is right and u were that bad and uve never done it before r seen it done maybe u should get it done professionaly done cause that would be a waste of money i still bet u could do it no problem doing it but if u are nervous get it done

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 213
Well...sorry for making fun of your drawings.I was just using them for a reference,just make sure to read the manual on your amp a few times so that you become familiar with it.We're always here to help just remember that :-)

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 223
i sort of have a little help, dads an electrician, although that has not much to do with car audio, he is sick with wires. And also i already have an amp in my car so that should help out.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 226
Of course, you guys helped me out a countless number of times already. lol and i was only joking about the drawings, they looked like a 5 yeard old drew them.

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 227
pancho when you get some free time, you think u can draw up a diagram for installing an amp? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us