Am i under powering?

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 112
alright I have 2 arsenal 15 subs in a 2.0 cu.ft. sealed box. i have a jl audio 500/1 amp running them 500 watts with the subs hooked up at 4 ohms. my question is am i under powering these subs by only feeding them 500watts at 4 ohms and should i get another 500/1 amp and run each sub seperatly off of each amp at 2 ohms were the amp would still be giving it 500 watts rms. the subs are 750watts rms. my last question is how much w rms should i be giving the 2 arsenals with the subs hooked up to 4 ohms?

i went with the jl audio amp instead of the rockford amp. the local stereo shop had a jl and hooked it up to my car to see how it sounded. since i like a mix of sq and slp and the amp sounded great but still got them loud

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 605
with only 500 watts you arent pishing them close to there potential you should deffinately get another amp it would make a big difference i think

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 113
alright thanx ill probably pick up another jl 500/1 along the way somewere and hooke the speakers up seperatly so that each speaker gets a 2 ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 809
if anything i wouldnt get another 500/1 personall id sell the one that you have and buy an amp that will really power them good how about a kicker kx1200.1 should do 14-1500rms basically those subs can take 1000rms easy so giving them 500 each is like buying a fast car and driving it slow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us