Question about my new hifonics amp...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 162
it is the zeus ZXi 4006, this amp does 100x2 at 4 ohms and 200x2 at 2 ohms... all four of my intereor speakers say they are 4 ohm.... is there anyway i can run the 2 back ones regular on one channel, and run the 2 front ones at 2 ohm? also, will this hurt them? thanks...

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
btw, the 2 front speakers im trying to run at 2 ohm are alpine type R, 50rms and 250 peak...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2332
i don't think you can put those 2 ohm speakers in one channel... i 'm running my system with 4 speakers (4 ohm) and a 2 channel amp and the amp is still alive.. working all day long but i think in your case you're having ohm load problems

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
im not having any problems, i havent hooked the amp up at all yet... i want to know if i can run two 4ohm alpine type Rs together and get a 2 ohm load from one channel... i would think you would be able to do it just like you would do a pair of subwoofers but i dont know...

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
anyone? can i run my 4 ohm alpine type Rs to pull a 2 ohm load from 1 channel on this amp? i want to run 200 watts to them instead of the 100 @ 4 ohms...

Bronze Member
Username: Noviceinstaller

Here, There

Post Number: 72
u should be able 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
i agree, you SHOULD be able 2... but my question is, CAN you?...

Bronze Member

Here, There

Post Number: 78
i have a kenwood 4 ch 1000w max and it has 2 subs brdg on rr ch w 2ohm load and 2 full rngz on the front w/4 ohm n its been fine for like 7 mo. now n doesnt distort or get hot.........

Bronze Member

Here, There

Post Number: 79
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-SCOD6wCQ8lm/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html
this may help u....

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Youngstown, Ohio United states

Post Number: 632
if i understand this correctly, you want to wire both of your front speakers to one channel, and both of your rear speakers to the second channel. this would ruin all imaging and stereo effect, since the left channel would now just be in front of you, and the right channel would now just be behind you.

you COULD, however, wire the left front and rear speakers to the left channel, and wire the right front and rear speakers to the right channel. this would give every speaker 100w rms, and maintain a stereo effect.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
they are not subwoofers! they are 6 1/2" speakers, can i run 6.5" alpine type R's in parallel and have them both pull a 2 ohm load from one channel without hurting them... then just run the back door speakers normally since they dont need as many watts...

Bronze Member

Here, There

Post Number: 82
hes looking to pwer the frnt spkrs more than the bak 1z..........

Bronze Member

Here, There

Post Number: 85
the diagrams i gave you wrk the same the priniple is impendance and wrks the same......

Bronze Member

Here, There

Post Number: 86
that just told u how 2 wire them to get the loads u desire.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
i didnt think of that two4fifteen, didnt think it would matter since it delivered the same amount from both channels... but how am i supposed to get 100 watts to each speaker if they are all ran at 4 ohm?

i want more watts going to my front 2 speakers than my back 2 speakers, how can i acheive this...

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
oh ok ray, well i knew it HAD to work that way because it simply draws that extra current when wired that way, but i dont want to totally wreck my speakers by hooking them up that way...

but can i still run the two front speakers to the left channel without it sounding all foked up?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 189
yo, i tried that and it didnt work. it melted my tweeters. so to fix it i just bought some 2 ohm speakers

Bronze Member

Here, There

Post Number: 88
thats tru, w/ my da component sets i did the same thing with one so i ampd them seperatly

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
simply put, if you wire both of your front speakers to a single channel, you creat a mono front stage.

the only way to hook up all four speakers to a 2 channel amp and maitain a stereo ouput (while losing any fader), is to wire it as i stated earlier. since all speakers are 4 ohm, you can wire each side to each channel in parallel, so the two left speakers create a single 2 ohm load for the left channel (and splitting the 200w rms from the amp), and likewise for the right.

if you would like to power the fronts more than the rears, and maintain stereo, you need either a 4 channel amp, or a second 2 channel amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
ok thanks, i will do as you say two4fifteen, the speakers in the back say 150 max but probably wont see over 90 real watts apiece...

Silver Member

Post Number: 635
clean power won't harm them as much as distortion will. always set your gains properly and you should be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us