Audioburneddddd *PICS*

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 394
Well i found my problem with the audioburns.... and why they always clipped and put the amp into protection with so much power applied to them..about 500rms each sub... you will notice the outter VC being scrapped up and slipping off the other coils.. i guess it was hitting the magnet or somthing.. same with my other sub.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 395
1 more pic...Upload

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 396
does anybody know what they coat the copper for the VC with so it doesnt short circuit? i want to see if i can rebuild this with a thicker strand of copper for the VC or somthing to maybe make the sub handle its "Manufactorer RMS rating" witch isnt really possible to acheive without blowing this damn sub.. hah

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 397
^^Bump ... nothing? the motor got to be good for somthing atleast? lol

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2950
its some sort of Epoxy Resin coating i think.

Bronze Member
Username: Unregisteredguest

Post Number: 19
yeahh its "clear" epoxy resin that they put on the wire

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1111
no the copper wire comes with the coating already on it. its used to manufacture transformers and stuff. you actually have to scrape the the coating off to be able to solder to it. you will need a good adhesive to keep the wire on the former though. loctite makes a heat activated glue that would work good for this. i can find out what kicker uses if you want me to.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 485
you can use the motor i would of reconed it with better parts.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 44
yea its just normal magnetic wire. they use them in little rc motors and stuff. you can find some of it at radioshack or something thats where i used to get mine. just get a knife and scrape the coating off on each end so you can solder it and your good to go.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 398
ok i gues that answer most of my questions.. but 1 thing, if i was to we wind the wire, i think it is only the 1 voicecoil that is fu<*kd>< lol... does any1 know what my best bet would be repairing the coil or making my own new coils? new dual 2 ohm or stay quad 2 ohm? i sent a email to audioburn but they n ever get back to me they email-tech support BLOWS!!!! i never get responses from them for about 3 months later....

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 399
I scraped off the burned epoxy stuff from the voicecoil and pushed the piece that was out of place up a lil and scraped it a lil to make it flat and covered it all with a clear epoxy with a thin layer and rebuilt the subwoofer and now it is 5 times louder then it was when i had both hooked up on my earthquake phd10000 amp... these subs had to of been messed up straight from the company or i might have changed somthing that messed with the sensitivity? but its hitting hard now.. time to fix the other one :-) only costed me 2hours and 8$ to fix it

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1493
sweet dude
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us