Tell me how this would sound

Bronze Member
Username: Mateao234

Post Number: 14
ok, ive decided on what to put in my truck. by the way, its a 2000 ford ranger reg. cab. to start, im going to put my kicker s12l5 in a ported box inbetween the seats, the the doors, im putting kicker 5 1/4" 2 way speakers, and behind each seat, im putting a kicker 6x9 2 way both in boxes. the sub has a 1000 watt amp going to it and the speakers will have a 500 watt 4 channel amp powering them. ive yet to decide what the 500 watt amp will be, so any suggestions are well appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Mateao234

Post Number: 15
by the way, im keeping it all kicker because at one point, i had kicker and alpine speakers mixed and they sounded different, not bad, but not the best. so im keeping them all the same because i think it would sound better and wouldnt look like a hodgepodge system if you know what i mean

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 199
how much you willing to spend on the 500 watt amp, and did you already decide what amp you want or unless you already have a 1000watt amp?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 282
What are the RMS ratings on the speakers? I'm guessing that 500W is a max rating (as is the 1000W amp) and you'd be best served to match the high end of the RMS rating of the speakers to the RMS rating on whatever amp you get. So, if you're going to amp all four speakers you'll want something that'll push (and I'm guessing here since I don't know what the speakers are rated for) something in the area of 75W x 4, and that's RMS, not Max. And even 50W x 4 would probably work fine for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us