Someone SMART! help me plz

Bronze Member
Username: Mateao234

Post Number: 12
k, heres my dilema. im getting a ford ranger reg. cab and im going to put 2 speakers behind the seats and a 12" sub inbetween the seats where the center console usually sits. what i need to know is what kind of speakers should i get for behind the seats, and if they should be put in boxes. lastly, i would want an amp for them, so, how, if possible, can you hook up 2 amps in 1 truck. (as you can tell i dont know the most about car audio lol)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1727
i wouldn't even put speakers in the rear. i would get a nice comp. set and amp them. but yeah you can hook up multiple amps in a vehicle.

Bronze Member
Username: Mateao234

Post Number: 13
do u need a splitter for the audio cables that run to the back of the cd player? and i am putting 2 more speakers in regardless, i just want to know if they should be boxed or not, i already have the speakers from my old car lol

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11613
use Qlogic kick pods to hold a set of separates in front, forget rear speakers in a single cab, and put the sub between the seats or behind the dash if it's a smaller 8".
it'll sound MUCH better that way.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1087
"i would want an amp for them, so, how, if possible, can you hook up 2 amps in 1 truck."

Forget about two amps when you "may" possibly get away with using just one.

Tri-Mode

This is when you take an two channel amp and you run the wires from your front speakers to the amp, then you run your sub wires (the negative to the left side of the amp and the positive to the right side of the amp AKA bridging). Check to see if your amp is tri-mode capable and that it would produce enough power to feed each of your speakers and sub sufficiently. Consider about ten percent over your total RMS for good headroom.:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11621
there are some good 3 channel amps around now too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us