Opinions on A/D/S 346cs

Bronze Member
Username: Joeypasta

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 20
What do you all think about the A/d/s 346 cs?
How is A/D/S these days? They used to be great.
I just don't seem to hear about them these days, and can't find any reviews.

Bronze Member

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 21
bump

Bronze Member

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 22
bump

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4062
You might want to ask James Longo about that set. He has a a/d/s components in his ride and loves them.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4098
James, do you still have the A/D/S 346cs comps ?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6990
yup sure do! :-) I have been nothing but happy with these comp's. They are soft,crisp, and highly detailed. The lifetime warranty doesnt hurt anything either:-). That's only if you but them from a retailer though. I paid $500 for mine, but you can get them now much cheaper on ebay, the only thing you lose is that warranty which in my opinion is huge. I have used many other component's and these are no slacker's. My last set I ran was Boston acoustic pro 6.5's which I loved but lacked the high end detail these have.
Mo showed me a link on ebay that was a unbeatable price, warranty or not.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 328
James, would you have an opinion on Oz Audio Matrix components, they look pretty good, however, I have never listened to them. What do you think, would they be in the same class as Morel, DLS, Dynaudio and others?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4101
I have heard great things about OZ audio Matrix Elite 180cs but have never heard them. My local dealer has them for $325 plus tax

Silver Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 331
Yeah, that's what I am wondering, who knows, maybe they sound just as good as Morels. Oz's also have that low Fs tweeter thing goin on, I like that:-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4102
I just ordered the A/D/S 346cs set from the the12vkings on ebay. That was to good of a deal to pass up on. Incredible price for a high end set. I cant wait to hear them :-)

Bronze Member

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 23
Thank You! That deal on ebay I have been eyeing for quite some time. I have always like ADS equipment, and have one of their old school Amps. I just wasn't sure of how good they are now.

Bronze Member

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 24
Just ordered the set! These will be going into an 03 Dodge Ram QC. They will be amped with an ADS Pq10 amp. Does anyone know the best location to mount the tweeters for my truck? What kind of vehicle and Amp will the others who bought this set be using. After James posted on here, the sets for sale on ebay went quickly. They have been lingering there for a few months.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7100
thats what I have mine in joe:-) I have mt tweet mounted up on my door's about 4 inches from the front of the door. That should sound really nice with that amp Joe good luck man. Where are you mounting your amps? do you have a sub also?

Bronze Member

Bedford, Texas

Post Number: 25
I am looking to mount the amp, either under the pax. seat preferabley, or the drivers seat. The subwoofer I have is the Polk Momo 10 inch. The sub will go in what is called the hotbox. The hotbox takes the place of the center bench seat part. The hotbox can be found on ebay. I think I might try to make my own. Thank You for the mounting location on the tweeters! I might get another amp that will be dedicated for the sub. So far I'll be using 40 watts to each component set, and bridge to channels to the sub. I'll see how it sounds like this, then decide if I need a new amp. The rear speakers will be powered from my Pioneer Premiere head unit. Whant do you think of this setup. I can use any constructive criticism. Are your tweeters surface or flush mount?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 711
just got my set from the12vkings on ebay.. looks good, havnt installed them yet though.. not to sure on if i can how i want to yet...

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 719
They sound nice!!! Deffinetly worth the 134$ i payed for them

Gold Member

Post Number: 4113
Have any pics killa ? What amp are you using and give us a review...

Username: Sdgator

Post Number: 1
I'm also picking up a set of these after doing some research. These are going in a Nissan Titan. Now looking for a pair of coaxials for the rear speakers and an amp to power these 4 speakers. Any recommendations (best bang for the buck) for the coaxials or amp? Thanks guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Bassgalore

Post Number: 98
Why not get the 345's for the rear

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7173
glad your happy killa:-) Hey sean you want to buy my ppi pcx 480? its 80x4 @ 12volts:-) or it will do 80x2 @ 4ohms for components and 320x1 @ 4ohms for a sub:-) all at 12 volts so its more like 100x2 and 400x1.

Username: Sdgator

Post Number: 2
hey james, thanks, but i just recevived a diamond audio d3 400.4 i picked up off of ebay...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7267
cool man hoe it works out for you guys:-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9793
^^^^U SAID "hoe"..lolololol

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7362
Lol always a jokester Chauncey:-)

Username: Gfbl

Post Number: 5
how would you rate them against the dls iridiums or nobelliums? are they closely matched?

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 662
rajeev,
it's an old thread, just make a new one.
Anyway, I think Iridiums would sound better. Regarding the Nobeliums - don't know, haven't heard them yet.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7658
I liked the a/d/s' over the irridiums but SQ is all prefference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us