Kenwood

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffkock

Post Number: 90
Are the amps worth the money I have used some but not the exclone series or however you spell it? Does anyone have any feeling on these amps because mine would over heat then eventually blow. I want to power 2 Alpine Type-R's at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1718
you can get alot better. imo there smaller 2 and 4 channel amps are o.k. budget amps, but there bigger ones tend to suck.

and why ask if they're worth the money then say you have one that would overheat and blow? sounds like you answered your own question.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 128
Kenwood amps are highly overrated even know there CEA rated.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2294
^^^^^that stage finished already... their quality is questionable.. not their power output anymore.. if i were you i'd get a hifonics 1206d as a budget amp for those subs.

Kenwood excelon line is not that bad, but for the prices you can afford better brands

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 907
I got the X811D and it puts out @ 850wrms (Tested and calculated with a DMM) but it has been problems from day one. Right now I have it on a curcuit breaker to kill the power every night, cause if i dont it will drain my battery. Even tho it shuts off with the remote, something inside is drawing 4-5 amp even when off. Cant wait to unload it on some newbie. I paid $200 for it, but for that money, there are better amps. I would not buy Kenwood again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us