Wire size and fuse?

Username: Mattyj33

LiverpoolUK

Post Number: 1
I have a cerwin vega EXL-400.4 amp running a pair of cerwin vega v-mag 5252 in the front doors, a pair of vega 6002 in the rear doors and a vega 124 12" sub.
I want to now upgrade but dont know where to start.
Firstly i have bought a cerwin vega EXL-1000D mono amp and another 124 sub, but i dont know how to wire the 2 amp(wire size and fuse).
Secondly i want to add an extra pair of rear speakers on the shelf (cerwin vega ss 2693)will my 4 channel amp run the 3 pairs of speakers?
So basically what gauge power, ground and speaker cables should i use with what fuses.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 993
I really like the look of those amps :-)

I'd suggest a dual amp kit, or you might might be able to save a few $ by getting a few accessories seperately. Unless you've already run 2 or 1/0 ga primary wire you'll need that, a distribution block, and an ANL fuse holder.

You could probably get away with 4 ga main wire and short runs of (preferably) 4 ga to the sub amp, and 8 ga to the spkr amp.

I'd go with a 100-120A ANL fuse near the battery, something around 80A for the sub amp, and 30-40 for the 4 ch.

The 4 ch will be fine w/3 pairs. Run your fronts on the front 2 channels, and the other 2 on the rear - you'll have a 4 ohm stereo load on front, 2 ohm stereo on the rear which is perfectly fine.

Username: Mattyj33

LiverpoolUK

Post Number: 5
That is great, thanks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us