Best 12" under 300$ ? - Q?

Username: Andy_h

Post Number: 8
not to be a "bandwagoner", but is it safe to say that an Fi Q 12" would be theee sub to get under 300$?? right now i have a 10" type X in a small sealed box... and its just not very satisfying and i am just dyyying for a change and a hard hitting/loud sub with comparable sound quality that i can actually afford

would be running off an alpine mrdm1005 amp at 1000 rms

definately open to other suggestions but the Q seems like a perfect fit for a buy in the near future

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 382
Get it!!!

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 242
well its comparable if not better than the 05 re xxx, arguably one of the best SQL subs out there, in numerous forums...and for under 300 i would say get it

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5865
agreed.

i can't dind anything clos in price except the CompX at www.ikesound.com

other than that...everything else is like 1.5 to even double or triple the price!!!:-(

Post Number: 9
ive never heard a xxx,but for the money the Q seems to be the most logical choice for me - but which should i get - the "dual 1" or "dual 2"?

and question #2 - what site would be the best for looking into how to build a box? itll be a first for me, not really sure how hard it is to do... id like to do a ported/vented box and i saw that muddy u had posted a diagram disigned for a 12 Q - worth me trying?

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 386
Get the 12" and use muddys box. It should be sick. I too am getting one soon, but I cant decide whether to do the 12" or 15".

Post Number: 10
yeahh that is what i am planning on doing, and i can get on that pretty soon if i can build the box on my own - needa site or someone who can help me with that though haha

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 217
yuh im thinkin bout gettin it also n' i dont kno wether to get the 12 or 15

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
dual 1 or dual 2, i dont know which would work better with my amp

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1678
dual 1.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5868
Dual 1 = .5 or 2 ohms...

Dual 2 = 1 or 4 ohms...

that box i made took me a WHILE to make...b/c i wasn't familiar with subwoofertools and how they cam about with their dimensions.

i picked right in the middle of the ported recommendation...b/c it it pretty impossible to get a 30hz tune with a box any smaller than like 2 cubes and it be worht a damn.
also that box design is the only one i could get with 2.2cubes with a 30hz tune w/o the port looking like a g*y MAZE, which in my opinion...is a bad port...for turbulence...too many bends....i only want 2 bends in my port. lol:-)

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1730
Muddy plez get on aim, and bump when u read this......U know u my helper :-).....Thanx...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us