Rear deck install

Username: Croc

De USA

Post Number: 1
Hi Peoples I am new to this site and was looking for some assitance installing a set of 6x9's on the rear deck of a 98 Malibu. I did have them mounted in a 96 Grand am but have since swithed cars. The 6x9's i have are not the best but they can handle a good amount of power they are audiobahn 6x9's last years model. The problem is that on the malibu the metal opening is shaped like a tear and not regular oval shape. I do have a few subs and 2 amms I am going to install eventually ut or now i just want to get these in there. Can any on out there help me out?

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 192
i have the same car and the only way to get around it is to either make a wood frame for your 6x9 to set up higher and it wont interfere or you can take pliers and bend the metal. i did both haha if you want some pics i can get some for you.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 209
here on the first pic you can see where i took some pliers and just bent the metal down. its pretty easy to do.
Upload

then the second pic is just to show you that the shape of the wood frame will need to bethe shape of the factory grilles. just flip the factory ones over and trace em on wood, then make the cutout of the 6x9.Upload

then finally the last shot is just another view of how I bent the metal.Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us