Q about: amplifier, tri-way crossover, 2HP and a sub..

Username: The_ese

Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a project on the table and don't know exactly what to do. I have a kenwood KAC-7202 (600W/920W (I think)), 2 HP JBLGTO926 (100W/300W).

I will receive an active crossover named California Series Q100 profile. I want to use this one to power a sub plus my 2 HP in tri-way mode.

I don't want to much power just a good sound and the maximum limit of what my amp can send. I have some difficulties to calculate the power of all that. I'm a newbie on matter of car audio and I'm not sure about the specifications of the power of my amp that I've seen ((150W x 2),(600W),(920W)).

And the last question, will I need a capacitor if I put what you suggest.

Can anybody help me about all those things? Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 357
You should connect your subs in stereo( one sub per speaker channel/connection ) on your amp. That will give you 150 watts RMS per speaker, since you say your speakers are 100 watts RMS/300 watts MAX.

As far as the crossover, it connects through RCA inputs and outputs not speaker leads, so it'll be pretty hard to use in tri-mode with your amp.

I don't think your amp is tri-mode capable, not that I'm checking on the specs.

Canada

Post Number: 2
Tank you Mick to answer so promptly to my question.

My plan is to connect my speakers to the amp is just to add two RCA jacks to the leads of my speakers (one for the mid and one for the high) and connect that to the output of the crossover (ain't a good plan?)

For the capability of my amp, on the specs it is said that it is capable. I will just had two RCA jacks to the sub ( the left only connected to the positive and the right only to the negative) and send both of the low outputs to it.
Upload

Canada

Post Number: 3
By "leads of my speakers" I want to say "wires of my speakers" sorry..

Canada

Post Number: 4
I've read some pages on the net and now I understand what is an active crossover. My plan will change for what I want to do and don't know what I will do for now, using a passive crossover or an active crossover with a second amplifier. Don't need no more answer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us