Power...but no sound

Username: Hailchristian

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Phase Linear UPA424 amp about 2 days ago.4 channels 2 to the front speakers 2 to the back speaker boxes purchased at kragen...yea im pritty cheap i konw but they work...kinda.I was working on my car, installing the spekers and what not and when i went to hook up the amp to the speakers i had nothing. It worked the day before just fine. I figured it might be the battery but after charging still nothing. The unit is getting power and the green led has light, but no out put signal is comming from the amp. Any Suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 82
Take power from the amp and then hook it back up.

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 2
Ive tried that a bunch of times, still no beans.

Bronze Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 85
Maybe it's fried take cover off and see if any they looks burnt or smells burnt.

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 3
Nothing seems burnt at all all the parts look fine...doesnt smell burnt either...

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1270
Check the RCAs and the speaker wires. Trust me, however much you are certain that they are ok, check them anyway. It has happened to me before.

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 4
The Speaker Wire is fine, i checked with my Cd player unit and they all work fine. The RCA's also seem to be in working order as well.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4776
Hook up an external source to the RCA jacks using different RCA wires and see if you get sound, also, try hooking up different speakers to the amp. If none of it works, return it and get a new amp.

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 5
Tried hooking to mp3 player....natta...gatta it all packed up ready to get a new one...thanks for all the help

Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 9
Did you at any time remove the ground while the amp power was still attached?

Reason....it may have tried to ground through the RCA's and toated the decks outputs.

Is the amp turned off via the deck?

I would definitely try a new set of rca's both in the car, and from another car, before anything else.

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 6
I may have, the amp was on while it went out, i had it hooked up to my mp3 player at the time so i dont think it is the rca's. I think somthing may have just got messed up in the amp on accadent. I'm new to this so probably my fault but Auto zone has a good return polocy so i should be allright.

Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 10
Good luck.

Fresno, CA Usa

Post Number: 7
Returned the amp....got new one...system is bumpin....nothin like a 15 inch sub in a civic hatchback listinging to 50 cent.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us