Comp speaker problem

Bronze Member
Username: Claytonk

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 21
Whenever I turn the music up really loud on my infinity kappa components my right side woofer crackles at deep bass. these are top of the line speakers so they should be able to handle most of which I can throw at them. the left side one is superb. any ideas on how to fix this problem.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1223
bad installation or maybe bad woofer. Also the Kappas are not their top, the Perfects are and that still doesn't make up for bad install or too a bad signal.

Bronze Member

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 24
What do you mean by bad install? what could have happened? amp connection? crossover connection?

Bronze Member

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 32
would bass blockers help?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2904
thoes are not top of the line speakers, not even for Infinity's line up.

are you sure its the woofers that are crackling?? usually tweeters will crackle, woofers will make a popping or knocking noise.

check your crossovers, make sure they are at 80-125 HPF at nothing less then 12dB/Octave. double check your gains, make sure you aren't clipping the speakers. make sure the drivers are securely mounted too. make sure you don't have any boosts or sound enhancements on like MX, BBE...ect...

Bronze Member

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 34
ill do that. thanks for the step by step advice.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2911
no prob, not really in any particular order. but thats a couple things you should look at.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1224
if your woofers aren't screwed down tight than it can cause bass breakup, also if you are using some of the ABS spacer, if they aren't screwed down really tight it'll cause problems. Crossover slopes help keep the woofers from playing too low so try them. You can keep the BBE or loudness or whatever on just don't boost the bass up since BBE or loudness automatically does it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us