Good 3.5 or 4 inch speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 142
hey, im looking to mount some spaekaers in my doors and im not really sure what to get. i would prefer a 4 inch because the have 4 mounting holes compared to the 2 for the 3.5 either way, they would need to have a grill because i dont want them just out in the open on my doors. any input would help, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 905
Well, I had (have)some powerbass 3.5 in my dash. They sounded great for about a week, then 1 tweet popped and smoked and a week later the other one went, and now they both sound like crap, like they are blown, so any way I too am looking for new 3.5 speakers. I suppose the power bass would be ok if they were amped with @ 20-30watts, I had @ 40 watts going to em and they smoked. They were rated for 35wrms, so I may trade them in for a new pair and run em at 25wrms and see what happens.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 379
http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/speakers/4/db400/

Bronze Member
Username: Auroradrvr

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Post Number: 18
Here ya go, http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=59

I had them hooked up to a Infinity REF7541A, 110watts rms, for when I had passengers in the back. While they would overdrive if I got crazy with the sound, they never let me down. It was, oops, too much, lemme back it down a tad and they would just chug along.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1008
Well, by taking out some plastic, I was able to get a Power bass 4" in. For the price, they arent bad. But atleast I know I have more options now. I gonna see if I can sneek a 5 1/4 comp in and remote tweet instead of combined.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1016
Well, Scratch those 4" off the list. Melted the tweet and the little plastic piece that covers it.
So thats what that smell was. Thought it was the truck in front of me burning clutch.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1044
Well, Got another set of 3.5 Powerbass. Gonna put bass blockers on these ones and see if they last more then a few days. Also gonna put em on the Zapco at 30wrms. If they go again, Im thru with powerbass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us