Larger power cable or naw???

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1697
Is 4g big enough to run a nine.1 say about 10-12 feet?? O and what size of fuse should i use on my power cable??? Thanx.....:-)

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1316
4g will work, but id go a little bigger. im running a kicker zx1000 (1114rms) on 4 gauge wiring and its nice. i have a 100amp fuse inline 6 inches from amp, and a 80amp fuse inline close to the battery.

80 - 100 fuse will work good.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2242
i'd get a 2AWG wire

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1706
kool thanx steven and juliob, hey steven so u got 2 fuses on ur power wire??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9047
i'd go with a 0g wire into a distro block then a 4g into ur ed9 & a 2nd 4g into ur mids/high amp...

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1765
Wow wut up Rovin long time no hear.....:-) I think im gonna stay with my 4gauge kit for now, and i will put a 100amp fuse on it.....Right now i think i have 60 or sumthin like that

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1520
i have a 100amp fuse inline 6 inches from amp, and a 80amp fuse inline close to the battery.

why do you have 2 fuses??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1811
datz wut i asked him but i guess he hasnt seen this thread lately

TJ: "hey steven so u got 2 fuses on ur power wire??"
lol

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Youngstown, Ohio United states

Post Number: 624
the zx1000.1,zx1500.1,and zx2500.2 all come with an external fuse holder and anl fuse to be mounted within 18" on the power wire. no internal fuse. so yes, for that amp, you would have 2 fuses on your power wire, one protecting the amp, one protecting the battery, like any system. except most systems have the fuse on the amp. no difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
zx2500.1*

Gold Member

Post Number: 1526
but if you have a 100 amp fuse close to the amp, and an 80 close to the batt.....i think its kinda pointless.

the 100 amp fuse will never see 100 amps...

i just dont get why you need two in line fuses

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 18
Yea 2 fuses does not make sense. Should only be one 6in max from batery.

Those fuses are for safety. In case of arc or accidental loop connection. It really does matter if it is 80-120 amps.

In a real word situation you have bigger problems than just a blown power wire fuse. Usally a crash or accident ( so the wire does't turn into a "filiment" and cause a fire.)

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
personally, i have a 150A fuse inline with my battery, 100A fuse inline with my zx1000.1, and a 30A fuse ON my zx200.2.

please, elaborate on why 2 fuses on my power cable doesn't make sense...

you really have to pound in information with a hammer with some of you guys...

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
so do you guys see a problem with rockford putting an anl fuse right before the power input on their power series amps? same concept... Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1527
its not actually the same concept...... they put a fuse their so that they could control how much goes into their amp. putting two fuses on you power line is pointless.... when one breaks NO power will go to the other...

i see why you would think to put two...

your in line fuse should be close to those that are IN you amp.

having two fuses on a power wire is like having 3, or 4. or 5......

now if im totaly wrong...correct me..it just seems that two fuses are unneccesary

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
i won't justify that with a response. i explained myself thoroughly several times already...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1528
please, elaborate on why 2 fuses on my power cable doesn't make sense...

please elaborate why it DOES make sense.

i dont want to start a fight..i mean we are both from ohio hahah.....but there is no point in having 2 fuses in my opinion because all you need it one to break to save your system. when one breaks, the other will NEVER see power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1529
lets say you dont want your amp gettin more than 100 amps

you put a 100 amp fuse on the battery, close to the battery. thats all you need. if you put one close to the amp, there is no point because by the time that the one close to the amp could break, the first one already would have

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
http://www.bcae1.com/ number 14, fuses. read.

Silver Member

Post Number: 638
and yes, mine is fused after the distrobution block, right before my amp. it isn't internally fused.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1530
fusing after a distro block is fine....fusing anytime is fine....

but fusing close to ur battery....AND close to you amp, when you have ONE wire is pointless. the fuse neart the batt will protect your battery, wire and amp... for each wire,there should really only be one fuse..that is your wire to the distro block, one fuse near the begining of the wire...the wires going out of the distro block, one fuse per wire, near the distro block
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us