What kinda amp is better

Username: Bhupz

Post Number: 2
Hey whats up i drive a 300c and i bought um some lazers subs they were 1600 watts and yea i havd 2 of those and i had a lanzer 2400 watt amp umm i dont no much umm the subs got messed so iended up buying 2 V MAX 12 Cerwin VEga 600 watt rms and yea i dont know what amp to get cuz i dont want to use the other amp cuz its garbage.... can u help me with what amp i should use... 2 12" cerwin vega v max twin illl add a picture as well [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/bhupz_2006/Picture1.jpg[/IMG]
I just looked at the amp i have it is a Lanzer Max Pro ST MXA 252

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 158
whats your voice coil config ony our subs.

Post Number: 3
what u mean its a dual voice coil umm 2 ohms
well ther are 2 connecters... one positve nd negitive and each side of the sub

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 160
so their dual vc 2ohms right? ok, so let me go do some research. haha, someone might offer you answer before i get back.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1629
xenon 1200.1.

Post Number: 4
i think.. are they good subs and ...... how good????

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 161
not sure if the subs are good, people use to talk about them a lot like 1-2 years ago when I first came here, but not sure if those are the same subs as the ones people use to talk about back then. also whats your price range for an amp?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 162
when I said talk about them a lot I mean, they said good things, for the price and performance it gave.

Post Number: 5
300 canadian but what will make em POUNNDDD!! LIKE U CANN HEAR MADD BASS!!

Post Number: 6
what u think???????? what should i use

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 163
Its also going to depend on your box and not just the amp. Plus how your configure it, but for amps I was going to recommend the nine.1 at 900rms at 2ohms x 1 channel. I don't know anything about box's but the nine.1 amp is 350 shipped, maybe less im not sure.

Post Number: 7
well is that too much cuz each sub is 600 rms i no that for a fact soo do i need amp that is 1200 wat rms or 600 wat rms :S

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1633
$315 shipped!

Post Number: 9
say wat kk wen i comes to system i no jack S#IT soo im counting oon u and what amp...

Post Number: 10
i have a seald box for the subs

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 165
well the nine.1 is popular amoung < is that how you spell it hahaha. anyways. its popular with everyone here. puts out the power that you need, and I think that 900rms is more than enough power for your subs. I think, also yeah I knew it was lower that 350 shipped just wasn't sure how much =).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
well can u show me what amp it is??

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 166
www.edesignaudio.com , under amplifiers (ednine.1 i think its under) or just click on show all amps.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 167
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
how do i get like looowwww deeepppp basss the oone the shakesssssss everyythiingg :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Whats better mtx the second high ones or v max 12 btw ?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 168
I can't help you there :-). Are you also considering getting new subwoofers? If so we can recommend you some other brands besides mtx.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
no i like these had my amp on half and the pounded like hell but recently the amp go possessed i mean that like possessed it started producing it own bass randomly and like wenn u closed the sunroof and windows or turned the steering wheel there would be a BASS HUMM!!! and the subbs moved in and out like madd soo i need a new amp

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 171
Oh ok, well also one of our questions was, is there a budget for an amp that you will need? Because I find the nine.1 to be nice for your setup and will make your subs pound harder than your lanzar will ever do. Also make sure you wired your subwoofers right. heres a link to wire them at 2ohms http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2 , you will need to do the one in the second picture. Dont do the first or last configuration, the middle picture at 2ohms is the setup you will need to do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i have a seperate coneector for each sub

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 172
but are your subwoofers connected like that? I understand what you mean though. but inside the box, are they connected like that? where on one of the voice coils, the positive and neg are connected to each other, and then for the other voice coil the positive and the negative run out to the connectors on the box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ye see from the conector right its not specker
wire it has four endings 2 neg 2 pos for one sub

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 174
yeah I know. So for one of the sides on one subwoofer you will want to connect one neg and one pos together ( on the same side) on the other side you want to run those wires to the terminal on your box. do the same to the other sub. Once they are connected to the terminals on the box, connect the pos and pos on the box together and connect neg and neg together on the box, then run one pos wire to the amp and run one neg wire to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us