Why is it turning off ?

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 58
its a RF fosgate 2 chanel amp powering to 12'' Type R..I listen to alot of Electro House, trance, Electronic music & i only get about 40 minutes of bass. it is then that the amp shuts down & then i have to wait 1 hour to let it cool down.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1255
Well it sounds like you know why it is turning off, it is overheating and going into protect mode. Chances are you have a load hooked up that is too low for the amp to handle. Or you might just have the gain set too high.

Do you have each sub hooked up to it's own channel or do you have it bridged? What are the specs on the amp and the subs? Please give more info so we can help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 316
what amp (model) and which subs (dual 4 ohm? dual 2 ohm?) do you have? and how do you have them hooked up?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1263
Lol mick that is EXACTLY what I just asked him. :-)

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 59
Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp 500.2
punch 500.2 250x2@4ohm 500x2@2ohm 1000x1@4ohm

the subs are 2 12" Alpine tye R 4ohm & i dont have them bridged. they are installed @ 4ohm to get 250 watts rms to each sub. The bass sounds awesome & by putting my volume up 45% is alot of punch.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1587
Is the amp in a location where it can have some kind of airflow or is it wedged between the box and the seat like 95% of the systems i see on a daily basis?

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 63
the amp is drilled behind my passengers seat. & not on the box.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1703
Make sure there is well ventilation, proper ohm load, and no clipping...........:-)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2779
well you can not get a 4 ohm load unless you run those subs bridged and ran series/parallel.but even so, running them 2 ohm stereo, you should not have a overheating problem, unless not enough circulation or there just may be something wrong with the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us