ALpine speakers Type R

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 56
i was looking at these speakers & im interested in them. But they seem to be 2 channel. Will they sound awesome if i get a pair of 4 for my 99 Stang. or should i go for 3 way in the front ? & 2 way in the rear ?

Upload

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 57
Also why do some other models come with crossovers ?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2880
well, speakers do not have "channels". only amps have channels.

speakers can be considered coaxials (whats pictured above) or components and can be called 2ways, 3-ways, 4-ways...ect

thoes pictures above are 2-ways. they have a woofer for the mid range and mid bass and a tweeter mounted in the center (coaxial) for the highs.

in a coaxial speaker design, anything over a 2 way is a waste and a marketing gimick for the most part. they just throw some crappy "mid range" in the center, next to the tweeters.

but thoes you have pictures above should be a nice step above stock. are you powering them with the head unit or with an external amp??

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 61
external amp. .. plan to get 4 because these are the only ALpine speakers that will fit the Depth of my stang.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 874
what are those gonna cost you

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 62
i can get a good price on ebay.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2889
some come with external crossover boxes because they are a component set and have seperate woofers and tweeters. the crossover box splits the frequencies from the amp or HU, sending the highs to the tweeter and lows to the woofers. some nicer coaxial sets also have external crossovers, like the JL XR's CXI's for example.

whats the mounting depth?? you can make a MDF ring to add depth, shave the door panel if needed...theres ways...

if you are gonna use an external amp, you might wanna look at some components. rear speakers are optional, not really needed, personal preference kinda deal. depends on your budget though.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 64
i need rear speakers...it makes the music sound better. I think i will get the alpines for the front & pioneer for the rear

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 140
if i were you i would go with all one type of speaker perosnally. i think the sound would round off better. i dont know if it actually makes a difference but thats just my opinion.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2900
every brand has its own "sound" so to speak. mixing brands or even models can sound odd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us